Bad news =(

Disco

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:58 pm
So it finally happened to me: I overheard my ex has started going out with someone else. Ever have a really good day and something like this puts a damper on your spirits? This was today.

I try to convince myself that I'm over her but truthfully, I don't think I am. I realize that we CANNOT get back together for reasons out of both our control but I feel just generally crappy that she's moved on.

Sigh, what's wrong with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 915 • Replies: 10
No top replies

houzer911

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:14 am
i sympathize with you bro...just find someone else, have some fun for a while...thats wut i did, it helps
0 Replies

bodemette

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:16 am
Sorry to hear that Disco -

Been there - done that. There is nothing wrong with you. I think we all have gone through this, I know I have and I thought my world was ending. Believe me, it will get better with time. Everything in life happens for a reason.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:20 am
Nothings wrong with you, your in 'mourning' for your relationship which is natural and shows you care.

It sucks when the other person gets a partner first doesnt it.
One ex got a new gf in 2 weeksa nd I think the other ex wasnt far off that.sob sob.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:23 am
All I can say is that time will heal the pain.... hang in there disco
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:28 am
I urge you to look at it as a GOOD thing. Now you know it's over and can get on with your life.
0 Replies

Disco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:05 am
That's all I can really hope to do - just move on. It's hard when you think you're over someone and something like this happens and all your feelings start to well up again..

I guess in the back of my mind, I knew this was inevitable - she woudl get a new partner first mostly because she's kinda the flirty time. I think I'm more conservative in that sense: she was my first gf and she's a veteran in the game.

But I am happy for her though. She does deserve someone who is way better than me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:10 am
Closure. You can start to move on. I agree with Pan.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:17 pm
Disco,

I am very sorry for your loss. It will definitely take time for your heart to heal. I understand the feeling of knowing it is over in your head, but being prepared to know the feeling in your heart is a whole other matter.

I'm glad you are happy for her. It shows what a generous and giving spirit you have. But to say she deserves someone better than you is being very unfair and hard on yourself. This new guy isn't really better, he is just different.

You have your own wonderful qualities and now experiences to bring with you when you feel it is time to try to get involved again. And there is no hurry to do that. Just as any broken bone takes time to heal, so does a broken heart.

Nurture yourself with kindness, grieve to your hearts content and know that you will emerge stronger and wiser for the experience you two shared.

Know we are here for you, Disco.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 11:26 pm
been there done that.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56649
0 Replies

smoothboop7

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 10:44 pm
nothing is wrong with you. men just suck totally. i was bitter for years, dont let it turn into hate or bitter; just try and move on, tell yourself you deserve better-mind over matter-im sure you do deserve better though. If he later on realizes what he did or changes, dont' let him back in your life; not even as a friend.

Seriously there isnt anything wrong with you. Men are messed up and complicated creatures.
0 Replies