Sex After Children

CDBubba

Sun 3 Apr, 2022 06:15 pm
Since my youngest was born a year ago my wife has enjoyed sex less and less. She now doesn't receive any enjoyment from it and doesn't want to anymore. What can cause this and what can we do to help her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 825 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Sun 3 Apr, 2022 06:22 pm
@CDBubba,
There are these things called...

doctors...

and...

counselors...

and...

therapists, who offer legitimate medical and psychiatric advice that you should be relying on.

NOT...

RANDOM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET WHO DON'T HAVE THE MEDICAL QUALIFICATIONS TO PUT A BANDAID ON A TODDLER'S imagined Barbie doll injury.

Quote:
C. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. All the content of the service, including all postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice because of something you've received from or read in the able2know service.
jespah

Sun 3 Apr, 2022 06:23 pm
@CDBubba,
Start with her doctor, always. Maybe she's got residual pain, or is worried about becoming pregnant again so soon, or feels less sexy.
tsarstepan

Sun 3 Apr, 2022 07:08 pm
@jespah,
Or maybe Postpartum depression....
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 3 Apr, 2022 09:26 pm
Maybe she's just really tired. Duh!!!
0 Replies

CDBubba

Mon 4 Apr, 2022 07:46 am
@tsarstepan,
We are going to her Doctor and a Therapist. I was just looking for advice from someone that had maybe been through something similar. I've just had some bad experiences with the doctors and therapist in my area, so I wanted to see if anyone had other ideas.
glitterbag

Tue 5 Apr, 2022 03:02 pm
@CDBubba,
I don't know how many babies you've given birth to, but speaking of my personal experience..........it makes you very very tired. I hope you don't play on sitting in on her doctor's appt, she may need to discuss something that bothers her but may seem insignificant to you. The last thing her doctor needs to hear is 'how deprived you feel', you may feel deprived and maybe you are but she's the one who needs to talk to the doctor about how she feels.

Are you sitting in with her doctor during her appt?
PUNKEY

Tue 5 Apr, 2022 06:36 pm
How many little ones are there and when is the last time she’s had a weekend off without them?

I get a kick out of clueless men who whine about lack of sex from their exhausted wife.
CDBubba

Fri 15 Apr, 2022 11:24 am
@glitterbag,
I usually stay with the kids when she goes to the doctor. I want to do whatever it takes to help everything get back to close to normal. I know it may take a while.
0 Replies

CDBubba

Fri 15 Apr, 2022 11:28 am
@PUNKEY,
We have a 3y/o and a 1y/o. We are not planning on having anymore, I was snipped last year after our youngest was born. She had a weekend to herself last month and she's getting a couple days this weekend too. I try to help out with the kids as much as I can.
glitterbag

Sat 16 Apr, 2022 10:00 am
@CDBubba,
She's very very tired and maybe a little postpartum......taking care of a 3 year old and a one year old can be exhausting. All she is doing is changing diapers, feeding children, bathing them, trying to get them to take baths, it can be utterly exhausting......No matter how much you love your children (and you do) it's a big, big job. Getting a 'weekend' off doesn't alway recharge you to your pre-children self, a lot of women just sleep (because they are exhausted).
0 Replies