3

How to get my friend to stop being so clingy?

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 09:46 pm
I [M19] need some advice on how to deal with one of my friends[F20] (who I will call Jane for the sake of this post). To clarify I do not want a romantic relationship with her nor does she want one with me, I have already a girlfriend and Jane is very supportive of us and has never show romantic interest in me. to start, Jane wants to call/text me mulitpul times a day and talk for hours, I value her friendship but i don't always have the time to talk and when i tell her this, she becomes very passive aggressive, whenever I ask what's wrong she refuses to answer and says it's nothing, and acts like i'm trying to tell her how she feels.
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 538 • Replies: 2

PUNKEY

1  
Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2022 06:40 am
@ChrisTheMist,
What does your GF think of you spending so much energy on a female friend? How would you feel if GF had such a friend?

You need to learn how to detach from needy people, especially manipulative ones.

Mame

1  
Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 01:51 am
@ChrisTheMist,
Set some boundaries - tell her you don't talk to anyone that many times a day and she needs to stop. Quit answering her texts/calls. Answer just one a day. Tell her you have work to do. Don't take her passive aggressive crap - it belongs to her and she can't dump it on you unless you let her. Don't ask what's wrong - just say, 'Gotta go, Jane! Talk next week."