i failed to ask directly about my friends relationship. Please answer some questions if you can

mingarm

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 12:56 pm
Ok, so long story short, I didn’t have the balls to ask one of my female friend a straight question. The story goes like this: I wanted to invite this girl out and before I can manage is seeing her hanging out with another guy, a colleague of mine. So I have observed them for a few days to get any hint at what their relationship is. I know this is not the “smart move” but I did it anyway and indeed I got no clear picture. I saw no obvious sign of them being in a relationship, but I’m kind of dens to so I might have missed some here and there. It’s important to mention that I only get to observe them at work and on our way to home. We leave work together, and then walk on the streets so I was obviously not waiting to see a long, deep kiss, but a few things that stood out to me are: the lack of proximity even when given the chance, they are not exactly far apart but not together either; the lack of small affection sign like small hugs, hand holding etc.. So basically as far as I’m aware the just become friendlier with each other, out of nowhere.
I was personally not satisfied and decided to go all in and just ask the question straight. So as I said, we leave from work together, walk a few hundred meters and me and the girl take a buss home and he waits for a different one. Me and her get on the buses and I ask her, in the most awkward way, despite my best efforts, about their relation.
t’s worth mentioning that I am not in the best place mentally, coming after a job change, moving from my former apartment etc.. I was not able to maintain a casual chill face and she noticed that, I was unusually serious. And please I’m well aware that I asked a girl about romance in a buss, but what is done is done.
My speech was something like “hey sorry if I bother the two of you just now” as I said we walked together and I use that as a pretext to start up. She smile’s, I’m not, and she asks “bothered?”. I want to mention that we are, as I said colleges, so the *friendly* and *polite* factor must be taken into account. So I press forward to get a clear answer “you just need to tell me no need to… you know what I mean” so she start silently laughing and confirms that she understands the topic, but just replies between laughs with a “no”. At that point I wanted to make it clear, I wanted to say “ so are you 2 not dating? ” but I chicken out and just start smiling and ask her rhetorically if she is laughing. The conversation then is drifting to other unrelated subjects. So my not so romantic brain didn’t get a clear answer as the question was about bothering the 2 of them.

So here are my questions stupid as they may be:
1 will girls hide the relationship if It's with a college?
2 was she denies being bothered by me or denying the relation?
3 was she just polite / nervous / freak out or just generically surprised?
4 have I blowit? Am I now the weird jealous guy?
5 am I reading too much into it or am I reading only what I want?

Thank you so much for reading to all this BS of mine, I sincerely hope you can give me an answer, advice, anything really. I'm not really experienced with "real" romance as this is the second time I try to go for a serious relation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 493 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:28 pm
@mingarm,
Just ask her out already. You don't need to know all of this to ask a girl out. If she's not interested, because she is dating someone or for any other reason, she will let you know.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 02:56 pm
What Engineer said.

You should not be trying for a "serious relationship." You should be trying for a date.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 03:16 pm
@mingarm,
Yep to both above.

If you are interested just ask her out somewhere....if she is interested she will say yes or if she is busy at that time she will say I'm sorry but I'm busy then. If she isn't interested/or is seeing someone she will say something along the lines sorry I am seeing someone.

You have to take a little risk to get a reward. And don't worry about a rejection...most women will be flattered you asked them whether they are interested or unavailable ...unless they just are not very nice, but then if that's the case who cares what they think.

And if you go out keep it casual and not serious until you date a while and get a chance to know her.
0 Replies