Longer Living Through Chemistry

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 12:34 pm
Countless times over the past 50 years, I have read about some nutritional supplement which was shown to extend lifespan in some test or believed for some reason to extend lifespan. Usually, when I check back a decade or two later, no one is talking about it anymore. Do you know of a supplement for which there is good evidence that it increases lifespan?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 366 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 01:05 pm
I think supplements and nutrition are an individual thing for many or most of us. What I need that can extend my life span may not be what you need.
roger

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 01:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
You're probably right, in many cases. As far as stuff being promoted, sometimes it seems like there is almost a cure a month. Then on to the next month and not a peep about it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 02:38 pm
@roger,
Something that irks me: There must be over a million "take" or "Drink" "this" when you first wake up remedies. It would take a few weeks nonstop to take them all.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 04:41 pm
I've read recently that numerous studies have shown in recent years that people taking vitamins and minerals do not, on average, live longer, and that taking vitamins and minerals does not decrease any disease, other than nutritional deficiencies, that they've tested it with. Of course, there are many other nutritional supplements.

Does any supplement have real evidence behind a claim of enhanced longevity?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2022 04:16 am
I have just noticed that the United States has the 46th highest life expectancy and the UK is number 29. The highest is Hong Kong followed by Japan.
0 Replies