Need nutrition advice

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:04 am
I am 6'2 '' tall, about 170 pounds. I'm 30 and tune in every day, go to the gym 2-4 times a week. I eat what I'm supposed to eat and feel fine. I eat chicken, tuna, eggs, beef, butter, etc. I believe that I have a fairly active life and supplements will not be superfluous. But I don't know much about this and I don't know which ones will work.
If you can help me, I really appreciate it. And also leave trusted stores where you can buy them
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,208 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed

jespah

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:47 am
@GrandKarlos,
You should ask your doctor for a referral to a dietitian. They are experts.

And they're probably going to tell you to lay off the beef and butter in favor of vegetables.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:06 pm
@GrandKarlos,
There is a place here called Heath Trails i go to but i dont know if its a national chain. You sound like you are already doing a good job health wise. Keep it up!!
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:21 pm
@GrandKarlos,
I don't understand. Are you trying to bulk up? Are you trying to lose weight?

You never really mentioned your goals.

As for bulking up (which seems to be the case, mentioning all the protein), I would actually advise against this. Becoming musclebound can actually hinder later exercise. Plus you can overdo protein and gain weight. But I probably can't tell you not to, so instead I'll say this.

Diet works in conjunction with exercise. A high protein diet that you you get from supplements and such, you need to burn the proteins in order to turn them into muscle. If not, your body does catabolism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catabolism
that is, it kinda eats itself. Either it turns it into fat, or you simply don't gain muscle mass. With my brother moving to Texas, it kinda did the first one. Pump weights, but also do some walking so your body isn't rigid with muscle.

For leaning your body out, I strongly recommend grains (not breads or grain products, by grains I mean oatmeal, rice, bulgur wheat, that sorta thing), and sources of vegetable fiber. Avoid trans fats and artificial chemicals. And again, exercise. This time, run/walk instead of lifting weights. Do a few situps and pushups and exercises to improve flexibility, and run/walk regularly. Here's a trick someone at track taught me. It's tempting to do the Gatorade approach afterwards, but this creates a kind of sugar spike. Instead, do a cooldown walk up to 30 minutes after a run. Your body creates some lean muscle, and your metabolism is alot better than trying to pump it with sugar. It will need water and electrolytes, but the latter you get from food.

Remember, Atkins is not a solution for weight loss. It works at all because of the catabolism factor. And because of lack of varied nutrients (the same way giving up milk would cause weight loss, it isn't that milk is bad, it's the nutrient variety absence).
Brandon9000

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:23 pm
Start with the basics - vitamins A, the B complex, C, D, E, and minerals. There are a lot of good multiple vitamins that have all this, or you could take them separately.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
But importantly, try to get them from food.

Vitamins aren't always absorbed well by the body in pill form.
GrandKarlos

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:08 am
@bulmabriefs144,
I want to keep the weight the same, but change the quality of the body (more muscle, less fat)
0 Replies

GrandKarlos

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:09 am
@bulmabriefs144,
what is the form of supplement better?
GrandKarlos

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Do you know any good brand?
HronikHlip

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:19 am
@GrandKarlos,
the best form is liquid (drops). I know some brands that produce quality products. can be found on Amazon, and can be ordered directly from the manufacturers
GrandKarlos

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 01:07 am
@HronikHlip,
what supplement do you prefer to buy?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 09:57 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

But importantly, try to get them from food.

Vitamins aren't always absorbed well by the body in pill form.

But they're absorbed great in capsule form and no one could satisfy his nutritional needs every day from food unless he had a dietician planning his meals.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 09:59 am
@GrandKarlos,
GrandKarlos wrote:
Do you know any good brand?

Solaray, Now, Solgar, Life Extension, Country Life....There are many.
0 Replies

manpreetrockerji

Fri 17 Sep, 2021 02:47 am
@GrandKarlos,
Include protein with every meal. Including some protein with every meal can help balance blood sugar. ...
Eat oily fish. ...
Eat whole grains. ...
Eat a rainbow. ...
Eat your greens. ...
Include healthful fats. ...
Use extra virgin olive oil. ...
Eat nuts.
0 Replies