Toronto plane crash

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:13 pm
Whew!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:16 pm
BBB
Latest count is 309 passengers and crew.

I hope there were no pets on board in areas where they couldn't be reached to rescue.

BBB
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:17 pm
It looks like everyone got off the plane....

to all our friends near and around Tranna... amazing city, amazing people, the injured will be well taken care of, the city and surrounding area will take care of the displaced. It seems like a tragic event is somehow less tragic knowing where it occurred and knowing few, if any, lives were lost. Thanks, once again, to our friends in Canada!!!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:20 pm
People stopped and were jumping the fence to help as soon as it happened.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:32 pm
Calamity's post made me cry...

hard to explain, relief I guess would be the word and a kind of exhilaration that they made it.
Just got back from running errands, had missed that this happened until I unloaded my groceries and woke up my computer monitor to see this as a new topic.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 06:05 pm
All 309 passengers and crew survived

Cnn Link
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 06:11 pm
I just heard a radio interview with a bus driver who picked up about 40 - 45 of the passengers from the side of the road and drove them to the terminal.

He said his regular commuter passengers took the delay well Very Happy

That somehow made it a real Toronto story for me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 06:49 pm
I wonder about animals as well, but at this point I am very very happy about the survival now.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 07:43 pm
the airport was on "red alert" pretty well all day. this means that planes are permitted to land but would not be brought to a gate until conditions permit. one observer living in a highrise across from the airport reported that at the moment of touchdown the visibility seemed to be zero.
good thing every one got out alive.
we flew through a thunderstorm while landing in montreal some years ago - not a pleasant experience - but still flying. hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 07:50 pm
I was in an Aeronaves plane that landed in Tijuana, and in flight the stewardess was saying her rosary. On landing, some horrible time later, the fellow in the row behind me knelt and kissed the ground.

And then,

when we got to the terminal,

our luggage was gone.

Found, hours later, but

never mind.
0 Replies