Crush on very popular guy in school

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 06:45 pm
My college went back to normal studies a couple weeks ago, and I have had a crush on a guy in my class for a while now.
The problem is that he has one of those extremely gorgeous types of looks (6'5, muscular, broad shoulders, beautiful face, beautiful eyes and everything), so other girls constantly hit on him a whole lot, and I have heard a few of them ask him on dates out of nowhere, so everything seems to be really easy for him.
I am not sure how to approach him, so do you know any good ways?
I have heard from a friend that he has had several girlfriends in the past, so I am fairly sure that he likes girls.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 431 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 06:56 pm
@Joanna02,
You: Hi, Sean (or whatever his name is)! Did you get the assignment? I just spaced out when the professor gave it out. I will be forever in your debt. Thanks!

Is it over the top? You betcha. And... that's kind of the idea. But it's also a 100% believable and totally non-stalker-y thing to ask of someone who takes a class with you.

Let's say he gives you the assignment. Awesome. Say thank you and say you meant it that you owe him something or other (but don't push it; you're not going to take him to the Ritz for a 12 course dinner for this. Rather, it's more like you see him at the cafeteria and buy a soda for him, or you hold the door for him. Seriously, small gestures should be met with equally small gestures because otherwise they get uncomfortable right quick).

Let's say he doesn't. Shrugs because he missed it. Or ignores you. No problem then, either. Just say thanks if he's polite and, if he isn't, bow out and reconsider crushing on someone who's rude.

But I doubt he'd be rude. There's really no reason to be. A classmate asked for the assignment. Totally normal and reasonable request.

PS please name your first kid after me Wink
Joanna02

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 07:04 pm
@jespah,
Thanks, I might try that, haha. ^-^

I just want to make sure that I don't just become one in the bunch of all his admirers, because all other girls who flirt with him give him lots of compliments and make it very clear that they swoon over him, without even trying to play hard-to-get or anything.
They will try to sit next to him, then giggle and play with their hair, make a lot of eye contact with him, give him eyebrow flashes and try to get his attention and all of that, and I feel like I would easily start acting a little bit that way myself if I started interacting with him, even though that might sound silly.
Maybe not as much as those girls, since I am quite shy, but probably some general thrilled nervousness and giggling.
But I guess maybe he might enjoy that.
0 Replies