In Albuquerque on Saturday!

husker

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 11:38 am
Waiting for Eva side of the story.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 11:47 am
BBB
The Eva family's dog, Liam, is so cute and cuddley. He snuggled in my arms for the longest time. I would loved to have brought Liam to my house to meet Maddy and Dolly, but couldn't because Maddy is recovering from surgery. This is what Liam looks like:
http://www.waggerden.com/photos/

I've fallen in love with Eva's son. He's the sweetest guy with the most beautiful hair I've ever seen. I thought he might get bored having dinner and breakfast with a bunch of old people, but he charmed everyone.

Mr. Eva is a nice guy, too., and a great dad. Kind of quirky sense of humor that I enjoy. Not as quirky as Dys, but he can hold his own.

Eva, herself, looks just like her avatar, hair and all. Such a sweet, geniune person, smart as a whip and with a heart of gold. I liked her instantly. My two dogs like her, too, and enjoyed the bakery dog biscuits she brought them from Oklahoma.

I just left them after breakfast and they're now headed north for a weeks vacation in a mountain cabin.

BBB
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 12:08 pm
Thanks, BBB. Ah, that sweet dog, and, of course, it reminds us of Cav.

Please tell Mr. and Mrs. Eva to have a wonderful time in their aerie and not to forget their son.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 01:27 pm
I'm not surprised that Mr and Son are wonderful!!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 04:00 pm
What most impressed about Mr. Eva was his relationship with his son. They are as comfortable and friendly as can be--none of the stressful, "Now behave yourself, young man," simply enjoying the company. They are such good parents and Chis is more than delightful. He can fit in with adults better than any child his age I've ever met.

Eva, Eva, Eva. Even prettier in person--inside and out. She is a treasure that I will enjoy knowing for the rest of my life. Why the heck didn't Bush choose her to be the representative to the UN???

Smart, gorgeous, really, really nice without being really, really boring. She is interesting, smart, articulate (which everyone on a2k aready knows) and she has a beautiful spirit.

So far, the a2k people I've met in person are even better in person thab on a2k. We, all of us, are so lucky to be a part of this remarkable group.

We were sorry than Roger had to return because of work. I had the guest room all set up for him. He is always a pleasure with his quiet, understated wit. Our private joke is a piece of fossilized corn he found in Chaco Canyon when he met Dy and I there. It is just pitiful how easily he can pull me in, with his straight face and perfectly reasonable voice.

Luella was glowing and being her usual funny, charming self, although she had to tone down her usual patter because of that sweet eleven year old boy. She was still able to elicit a couple of snorts out of me(which is fairly easy to do).

We've just GOTTA do this more often.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 05:42 pm
I'll be abck to see pictures........
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:23 pm
Y'all come abck soon, hear? Hee, hee.

Bob and I are on our way early in the morning for a camping trip to Silver City, up to Zuni and a drive through lava flow country. Can't wait to hear from Eva and family. I hope their stay at the cabin is going well.

See you all on Friday or Sat.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:31 pm
(Take more pictures.... please!)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:50 pm
Okay, I couldn't stand it. I'm checking in here briefly because I'm on a pitifully slow dial-up connection and paying for LD by the minute.

Dys and Diane were the perfect hosts except for their choice of liquor. No champagne anywhere to be found. It's been YEARS since I've had to settle for Southern Comfort...especially a bottle that an animal (Fred) has been drinking from. Oh well. I should bring them a nice bottle next time, I guess.

BBB was just exactly as I pictured her...bright and funny, with an irreverent sense of humor that I can relate to. Somehow I didn't know (must have been reading the wrong threads) that she was a painter. Her paintings, which were hanging in her house, were wonderful. (Note: I WANT the orange one!) Her dogs were adorable! (Hope Maddy feels all better soon.) And BBB is the best hugger I've met in a long time. I wish we'd had time for a few more.

Diane's eyes are...wow, what's the word?...indescribably beautiful. Light green and luminous. (Okay, not indescribable after all.) Blatham's description of her as having "the face of an angel and the mind of a nun gone really bad" is perfect. She is so lovable.

Dys is....well...........Dys. There is no comparison. I could have spent the next week talking to him. Fascinating man. (But I already knew that.) What I didn't know about him was that he is a gentle soul. The kindest blue eyes. I found myself almost taken in by them until his, um, "cracked" sense of humor kicked in. I can't believe Diane still falls for his stuff. Anyway, he was as delightful as I imagined.

Roger didn't stay long enough. Probably because he was afraid he'd get lost on the way home. He must have a terrible sense of direction.

Anyhow, Dys took us to a wonderful Cajun restaurant, and all our food was delicious. He gave each of us rides in the Porsche, and I was surprised that he didn't once hit 100mph. Guess he was trying to make a good impression.

(NEXT time, floor it!)

Mr. Eva and SonofEva were warmly welcomed and included in all the conversations as if they were long-lost friends. Which, in a way, I guess we were. But not any more! I wish we'd had a week to visit. The time, even though we pushed it (!), was nowhere near enough. They are truly captivating people, every one of them. And I hope hope hope that we get to spend time again in real life. Until then, we have A2K.

Must get off now. Will write more on Sunday when we get home. The cabin is great...much larger than we need!...and we are enjoying it.

Love to all, especially my ABQ friends....

Eva
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 11:28 pm
So Cool!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 11:48 pm
<grin>

I heard from a little bird that Liam is totally adorable... and that he met Sally-Springboing!!boing!!boing!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 11:49 pm
Oh, and I agree, Bumblebee's paintings are really beautiful.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 09:53 pm
We talked about you, osso, and wished you were already there.

Just got in tonight...what a trip. Funny isn't it...no matter how spectacular the scenery is, you always miss the landscape of home. The green hills, blue lakes and rivers here just feel "right" to me.

(Wish I could have thrown all this laundry off one of those high mountain passes, though.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 08:06 am
Working my little buns off to just do that, Eva..

laundry - I have a new trick for that.. wash it once and Pack It...

Or, wash it, fold it, donate....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 09:34 am
Eva
Eva, so glad to hear you had a safe trip home.

We all miss you and family (and dog) already.

Marvelous, isn't it, how A2Kers create branch families wherever they go?

You missed the big, raging storm last night. Tons of rain, thunder, lightning (some damage and injuries). We had at least one inch of rain in one hour; more on the East side of the river. Other parts of N.M. had two to three inches of rain. Well, we've been begging for rain and the rain god gave it to us.

I was outside this morning pulling weeds out of the wet soil as fast as I could. So much easier after a heavy rain.

Can't wait to hear all about your week in a mountain cabin---and pics.

BBB
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 11:08 am
Welcome home Eva and family! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/fk/hearts.gif

How true about feeling better within the comfortable scenery of home. We are the same way after our little camping trips. No matter how stunning the scenery, home is the one place that is always familiar and comforting.

When you have time, tell all.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:47 pm
I will, I will.

Slept most of the day today. The cats were very happy to have me back. We napped together.

SonofEva has had friends over all day. Being an only child, he's used to being with adults, but nine straight days of only adult companionship was a little tough on him. I've barely even looked in on them. It's all video games, YuGiOh cards & bodily function jokes at this age, y'know. Only one more week until school starts, so I want him to enjoy himself as much as possible. He really is a great kid.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:51 pm
He is, and you can tell he's used to being around adults.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 12:25 pm
That's not a bad thing, is it?

Roger! You made it home! I hadn't heard from you, and was afraid you'd gotten lost again.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 01:45 pm
I'm sorry, Eva. My phone was rained out all that weekend. Thought you might have seen me on "Huh?"
0 Replies