NEED HELPPP ~!!!

typeR

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:47 pm
hey...im looking for an ESL Certificate program..where i can study and get the certificate to teach to ESL students ,because im going to work in china for a 1 year...so if any1 knows i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 712 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Wy

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:31 pm
I don't know if there is such a thing, because teaching English to native Chinese speakers would be a whole different animal than teaching English to Spanish-speaking people. A long time ago, my sister was thinking about teaching English in Japan, and all that was wanted was a college degree in anything.

More recently, a sister-in-law taught a graduate-level class in English in China. She also teaches graduate-level English classes here in the states; has no special qualifications to teach to ESL students.

That all said, does anybody else have more recent information?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:47 pm
Re: NEED HELPPP ~!!!
typeR wrote:
hey...im looking for an ESL Certificate program..where i can study and get the certificate to teach to ESL students ,because im going to work in china for a 1 year...so if any1 knows i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Almost every university/college that has has an ESL program, at least in the larger centers, has ESL training programs. Check one out if you live in a big center; if not you may have to travel a bit.
0 Replies