Ever think you're over somebody then....

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:19 pm
No worries, I'm not an idiot.

Except you will all think so, I don't know Beck. Not same as Jeff Beck?

(going to corner for the elderly..)
0 Replies

Disco

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:21 pm
There are still times I go through that. You get over someone and one day something just triggers the old memories again and you can't help but long for what you had in the past. What is especially hard are the memories that were quirky and unique to your relationship: nicknames for one another, mannerisms, etc...

Breakups are a hard thing - I don't think you truly stop caring for a person; rather you get used to not having them around. You may see them happy with someone else and it HURTS. I try to think of it this way: you found happiness once before, you can find happiness again.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:23 pm
<osso, I wouldn't think you're an idiot, for the record.>

Beck is not Jeff Beck.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:42 pm
Time is actually a healer - unless you go completely whackers, there is a recovery period of something like two years (my reference is Noddy, but it rings true to me, for deeply felt attachments for adults). Not that you forget the person, but that given normal curiosity about life you stop nursing the attachment - never mind two years, it's incremental. But at two years you might notice a clear difference.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:53 pm
next on playlist
- this years love, david grey
-black , pearl jam
-a few tracks by portishead
-whitney houston, i have nothing
0 Replies