If You Could Travel Back In Time

insyte

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:58 pm
I hope this hasn't already been a thread here already, but if you could travel back in time, which era and place would you want to visit and why?

Which historical figure would you have liked to have been and why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,848 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Ray

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:08 am
I'd rather not...

But if I did go when I can, I'll meet Jesus, Buddha, Martin Luther King Jr., Joan of Arc, Ghandi, Confucius, Socrates, all of Wayne Gretzky's playoff games, the pyramid, and the library of Alexandria. I don't want to see any violent stuff though.
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:16 am
I'd rather not either, the worldd is bad enough as it is so going back in time would only be worse in my opinion.

I would love to see who I was in my past life. I would like to meet some of my ancestors and Buddha too. Smile

Edit: I didn't answer the question exactly did I?

I would like to have been Hitler to see what was really in his mind. But I couldn't stand being him for more than an hour or a day.
0 Replies

Aurelius

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:47 am
If i could travel back in time I would like to visit Egypt in the time of the pharaohs. Particularly when Ramses the Great ruled. I would like to see the priest rituals, the temple complexes, and Ramses himself. Then i would travel to the time of the Ptolomies and visit Alexanders the Greats mummy.

The historical figure i would like to have been is Alexander the Great because his military genius fascinates me in such a way i wish i could see threw his eyes what great victories he won. -Plus he was crowned pharaoh in Egypt after he defeated the Persians in Egypt.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:15 pm
I don't think I would go back in time. The idea makes me wonder how would we change the present/future if we were to interfere in our past. I'm a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason, whether or not you know or can understand the reason. However, if I were to travel back in time, I would definitely want to meet Jesus or Mother Teresa.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:21 pm
Re: If You Could Travel Back In Time
insyte wrote:
I hope this hasn't already been a thread here already, but if you could travel back in time, which era and place would you want to visit and why?

Which historical figure would you have liked to have been and why?

I'm afraid your hopes are all in vein. At least one thread with this same exact question went to something like 30 pages about a year or two back.
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:01 pm
give me a chainsaw and drop me in the middle of the battle of Thermoplae!!!
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:57 am
Milfmaster9 wrote:
give me a chainsaw and drop me in the middle of the battle of Thermoplae!!!

I'm afraid you wouldn't have lasted very long (no longer at the most that the point where your petrol ran out... Twisted Evil ) Now if you had chose to go back with a .50 browning, a mortar, some hand grenades, body armour and plenty of ammunition and C4.... (or simply a WWI Renault tank with plenty of ammo and gas) you might have made a difference, provided the Spartans hadn't been scared shitless by your appearance Very Happy

Me, if I had the chance, I would go for the grand tour: Sumeria, the Neolithic civilisation (i.e. Stonehenge and older monuments like Maes Howe in Okney), ancient Egypt, ancient China and India, the Maya, the Tolteks, the Inca (how did they all build). I would not want to meet any known persons from history for risk of being thoroughly disappointed...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:40 am
I'd go back to the night in Charleston S. C. that skanky WAVE gave me the bull headed clap and I'd stay sober.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:45 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I'd go back to the night in Charleston S. C. that skanky WAVE gave me the bull headed clap and I'd stay sober.

LOL Mr. Green

Take me back to the good old days of Sodom and Gomorrah! :wink:
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:11 pm
Go back in time and cause an ancient world war at the time of the Punic Wars.... Make every empire at the time war each other....
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 02:41 pm
So cynical!
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:31 pm
I would deffinately want to see ancient Rome...
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:35 pm
I have to agree with LuckyStar. Ancient Rome would be an amazing sight and experience.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:11 pm
Hell, all you have to do is watch PBS to see ancient Rome.
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 05:43 pm
go back to neolithic times and become a god.... well meet jesus definately!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 05:59 pm
I would like to go back and alternate between being Thomas Paine and Ben Franklin. What a jolt that would be, transitioning between such different and strong willed people.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:15 pm
I think I would travel back, buy some stock, and not tell anybody.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:27 pm
How fun, to travel back to the days of bad personal hygiene!
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 02:12 pm
go back in time and kill myself, destroying the natural order of time... many complications....
0 Replies