Should I be frustrated with my gf over this?

Sat 5 Feb, 2022 08:13 am
My gf and I always use double protection for sex. She uses the pill, I use condoms. We had sex and during she told me to orgasm inside her with the condom on, as she thought that would be hot. So I did, thinking we are probably pretty okay with double protection.

But, the next day, she told me that she shouldn't have asked me to do that, because this is the week of her medication where she is taking placebos. I didn't know about this before but there is one week where she takes placebos, per month, on the doctor's orders with medication. A concept I did not know about.

However, she didn't tell me this until now, and apparently she didn't think of this until the next day. But this makes me wonder about any other times in the past, she asked me to do this while taking placebos.

This makes me wonder should I frustrated with her, for not thinking of this, because you think it would have occurred to her? Or what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 470 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sat 5 Feb, 2022 08:33 am
@harmonica,
Yes, there are birth control pills where you take a placebo for 7 days. It's so you can get a period. They've been around since at least the 70s and probably the 60s. If she takes a placebo week, then it's pretty much guaranteed that she takes a pill every single day, regardless of sexual activity and even regardless of relationship status.

There are other pharmaceutical options now, so they don't all work exactly the same way.

But there's a placebo week also because the chances of her getting pregnant during that week are very low--- and using a condom makes those chances even smaller.

I understand someone getting a little panicky, and a few days premenstrual is often a time for weird moods whether you take the pill or not.

But I am over 99% sure she's overreacting. Why? Because the chances of your setup preventing pregnancy is over 99%, unless the condom broke. And even then, the chances of her getting pregnant are likely under 3%.

As for whether you should feel frustrated, I can't tell you how to feel.

But I think it's not a bad idea for you both to better acquaint yourselves with how both methods work and with how to calculate and respond to risk.
harmonica

Sat 5 Feb, 2022 08:43 am
@jespah,
Oh okay thanks. I thought you took the birth control pills the whole time, but the body still has the period cycle anyway. Or that is what I assumed since placebos were never mentioned before. Well I want to bring it up to her and ask if she didn't tell me during her other placebo weeks, but I don't want to come off to harsh either, or not sure how I should feel about this, as to what is fair to her, when bringing it up.
jespah

Sat 5 Feb, 2022 11:26 am
@harmonica,
Apart from the dubious fun of causing an unnecessary fight, is there any reason to ask about earlier instances (if any)?
harmonica

Sun 6 Feb, 2022 01:35 am
I guess not since after thinking about it, if it was during her period, we didn't have sex then. But she would often with me on the last day of her period since it was okay then. Not sure if she took a pill those days though.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 10:27 am
@jespah,
Definitely, THE question.
0 Replies