I am gay

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:03 pm
I am a 17 year old male. I am gay. How should I find a boyfriend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,155 • Replies: 18
No top replies

squinney

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:09 pm
Well, you could start by adjusting that happycam for us. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:24 pm
Happycam - it's tricky, isn't it? My brother, who is now 39, is gay. It was hard for him to come out to the family and it was hard sometimes for him to know who was and who wasn't gay. I guess he erred on the side of caution and got better at finding out who was and wasn't.

Do you have any crushes?
0 Replies

happycam

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:22 pm
Gay
I do have crushes. I have a big crush on a guy who is gay. He was in a show with me.
0 Replies

happycam

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:30 pm
To Squinney
What do you mean?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:36 pm
Well, the hard part, as far as I can tell, is knowing that the other guy is gay. If you know that, dating is the same as it is for anyone.
0 Replies

happycam

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:50 pm
Thanks
You are a big help really.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 09:44 pm
Er.... I really am trying to help.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 11:56 pm
get on a bus, ask the driver to drop you off in Manchester (UK) and me and my brother (gay) will take you to the Gay Village (located in Canal Street - and yes the 'c' is regularly removed). You'll find lots of potential BF's there. AND you can sleep over at smorgs gaff!

xxx

Don't sweat it - they will come!

It's the same for any sexuality!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 01:11 am
smorgs, how come I never got such an invite ?? Shocked
0 Replies

happycam

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:12 am
To Littlek
I was not being stupid you really are helping.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:23 am
Happycam you live in MA?? Just go to Province Town down in the cape... there is a large variety of gay men down there.... Also I have a few friends that go to many gay clubs..... I can ask them where they are....
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:01 pm
Gautam, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU...that you are welcome at ANY time, I have spare bed, I'm a good cook, a most excellent fag hag, I have alcohol, recreational drugs....what more could a gay prince want?

...and I am available for chatting anytime on msn: [email protected]

...and that goes for anyone else tuning in to this thread...

now look hoe many dots you made me do!...
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:02 pm
hoe??? must be a fruedian slip...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 02:19 pm
Since you are still legally under age you need to progress slowly so no laws are broken anywhere. This in particular is why I am not advising that you pack up and move to the big city. However, moving to a large city is a helpful method to get yourself a gentleman if that is what you are looking for. In the meantime however look on the internet for gay centers and the whathave you. Try this one if you can (I hope this linkage thing works)

gay and lesbian and transgender centers

Anyway the thing is you are still quite young so don't just throw yourself into any relationship tat comes along. Take the same approach as the heterosexual world does, get to know the person and see how things go. Once you find the right partner life gets a little easier and a little harder. Relationships have benefits and drawbacks but in the overall picture the happy times outweigh the sad or else the relationship goes by the wayside.

And do not fret over the big city idea. Two things...you can also find romance with a person of the same gender in small towns and even if you go the big city route, you can at a later time move back to the smaller town with the person you love.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 06:22 pm
He's from MA! You can go to provincetown (a ferry and a bus leave from Boston) or just come to boston, lots of young gay men here. Sometimes it eems there are more young gay men than straight <sigh>. I hadn't realized that you were from here. Perhaps my bro (I have a gay bro too! Smorgs, what a co-inkeedink) would have some ideas......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 06:26 pm
I'm just bookmarking this thread in case I need to come back for Smorg's email address.

Might come in handy some time.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:32 pm
I have some 20something friends who are at the age where spontaneously meeting partners gets more difficult. School is done, careers are set, and social events usually find a mediocre status quo.
They have all tried meeting women (but it's not a hetero site) through something called lava life.
It's a Canadian only site, but I'm sure the US has an equivalent. Look around and play safe. Very safe.

They have had reasonable successes.
My advice is make friends with some sickeningly hot girls your age...they always seem to have a gay friend or two.
Meeting people through people is the best way to go.

Good luck.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:41 pm
Look around on SFChronicle.com; this is not a gay city, but it is a city where all can exist together ok, much of the time.
0 Replies