John Bolton lied to Congress?

Drake80

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 08:39 am
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/07/28/national/w182142D96.DTL

Quote:

The rest of the article is just a timeline of the Plame thing. Gee, John, forgot you had anything to do with that whole ordeal, huh?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,178 • Replies: 75
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 06:23 pm
Too busy sneering at a subordinate while stepping on the neck of another.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 06:34 pm
Clinton lied too, as did many others in his Cabinet and on his staff. Where's your outrage there?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 09:51 pm
Clinton lied to a question which the overwhelming percentage of the American people, (and indirectly the Republican led US Congress), felt had no business being asked.

This was a straightforward question which had nothing to do with Bolton's personal life, but rather his professional life. That is a different situation entirely.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 10:03 pm
Liberal expose number 10,000 of a Republican scandal. Wow, you've certainly exposed a dangerous felon this time. I'm still waiting for Bush's honorable discharge from the National Guard to be revoked and changed to dishonorable.

Bush will make Bolton ambassador exactly as he plans to.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 11:11 pm
Fact is, Bolton seems to have lied when asked a question not about hanky-panky on the side, but his public, professional life. In short, in an area of public concern.

If Bolton gets appointed,the mesage will be loud and clear-Bush sneaked him in because the Senate might not have ratified him.

While appointing people durng the recess is not unknown, a UN ambassador is a post that is rather visible.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:15 am
And, excuse me if I don't seem to have as busy a schedule as Mr. Bolton, but -he didn't remember-? Was he not paying attention? When he is Ambassador to the UN are these blackouts going to affect his work of dis-mantling the place?
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 06:33 am
Sturgis wrote:
Clinton lied too, as did many others in his Cabinet and on his staff. Where's your outrage there?

So:

1) This excuses lying in the senate?
2) You have revisit every senatorial lie if you want to discuss a current case? (We would be here for the rest of our lives recounting that tale)

I fail to see your point.

TTF
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 06:36 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Liberal expose number 10,000 of a Republican scandal. Wow, you've certainly exposed a dangerous felon this time. I'm still waiting for Bush's honorable discharge from the National Guard to be revoked and changed to dishonorable.

Brandon:

This distraction is often called ignoratio elenchi in my business.

Can you speak to the topic?

TTF
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 06:44 am
Boolton strikes me as an arrogant prick, so of course he's a perfect match for the current administration.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:08 am
sorry to drift and also be nosey - ttf - you teach philosophy? Genuine inquiry, not being a smart arse.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:19 am
Then using the sme logic that you are using to say Bolton lied,can you admit the Pelosi lied to the Senate,that Dick Durbin lied to the Senate,and that John Kerry lied to the Senate?

There "lies" do not excuse Boltons "lie",but if he lied then so did they,right?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:23 am
thethinkfactory wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

So:

2) You have revisit every senatorial lie if you want to discuss a current case? (We would be here for the rest of our lives recounting that tale)

TTF

Allow me to explain: the above poster and many on the right are unable to discern the difference between lying about blowjobs and lying about matters of national defense, perhaps because to them matters of national defense are as close as they can get to actual sex. Or virtual sex, for that matter, consider that recently, in order to move closer to our brethren on the right (yuck), Hillary Clinton took to task the makers of the video game Grand Theft Auto. She decried the insertion of explicate sexual scenes. Now, why did she not, at the same time, decry the blatant, horrific violence replete in every frame of that game? Because, dear friends, our conservative nabobs are hot for violence. At least, they are hot for someone's else violence. They loved seeing Jesus get the crap whipped out of him. Their leader tells the terrorists to "Bring it on".

See, as long as it's someone else's son or daughter they are sending off to war, they are hot for it. As long as it's a cop they have hired at the lowest wage possible, they want him or her, right in the thick of beating crime. (Just make sure that entry on the gated community is shut tight.) The right is filled with tough talking guys and gals, just don't ask about sex. That sweat you see rising on their foreheads is not from arousal, that's embarrassment.

So you can imagine how easy it is for them to be confused about a candidate for the top position at the United Nations failing to answer truthfully about an investigation and someone else lying about getting their shaft shined over a piece of pizza. They are completely unfamiliar with the latter situation, never having had sex for fun and remember this :Lying about official stuff is normal for them, so they don't see the problem with John.

Got it?

Joe
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 06:50 am
thethinkfactory wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

So:

Of course you fail to see my point which is precisely why the Democrats are sinking further and further into a muddy hole. All you care to do is point out every fault you can locate on anyone who has even looked at a Republican and then start a large scale salvo of attacks. Face up to it, the Democrats have been lying and covering up for years now and still refusing to admit to it. At least when a Republican does something wrong they have the courage and decency to admit to it.

You probably think Whale Boy Kennedy is a saint as well, too bad Mary Jo didn't get to tell her side after the car went off the bridge and Teddy swam away. Not just swam away but waited several hours to report the accident, and then alternated between 'I was drunk and passed out' and 'I panicked and didn't know what to do.' Amazingly though he knew how to swim away, just like all the weasely Democrats. (or would that make him an otter?)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:09 am
thethinkfactory wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon:

TTF

I did. 1. you people come up with an unending series of exposes, which you trumpet as the end of the world, but which are of virtually no significance, or sometimes exactly no significance. 2. In the end, your Republican scandal no. 10,000 will not affect the Bolton appointment in the slightest.

And furthermore, next week, when you accuse Condoleeza Rice of writing a note on the back of her hand to improve her performance at a piano concert, and demand a Congressional investigation, I will not take that very seriously either.

Try winning a few elections.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:12 am
Sturgis wrote:
thethinkfactory wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

So:

Of course you fail to see my point which is precisely why the Democrats are sinking further and further into a muddy hole. All you care to do is point out every fault you can locate on anyone who has even looked at a Republican and then start a large scale salvo of attacks. Face up to it, the Democrats have been lying and covering up for years now and still refusing to admit to it. At least when a Republican does something wrong they have the courage and decency to admit to it.

You probably think Whale Boy Kennedy is a saint as well, too bad Mary Jo didn't get to tell her side after the car went off the bridge and Teddy swam away. Not just swam away but waited several hours to report the accident, and then alternated between 'I was drunk and passed out' and 'I panicked and didn't know what to do.' Amazingly though he knew how to swim away, just like all the weasely Democrats. (or would that make him an otter?)

Sturgis -

Your first paragraph is only an appeal to an anonymous authority while your second paragraph is pure argumentum ad hominem. I will ignore the personal comments about how I might feel about Chappaquiddick however, can you at least try to mount an argument that is on topic and reasonable?

Good Fielder -

Yes. Prof at a college.

I know your sincere - no need to qualify your questions. Wink

TTF
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:18 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
thethinkfactory wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon:

TTF

I did. 1. you people come up with an unending series of exposes, which you trumpet as the end of the world, but which are of virtually no significance, or sometimes exactly no significance. 2. In the end, your Republican scandal no. 10,000 will not affect the Bolton appointment in the slightest.

And furthermore, next week, when you accuse Condoleeza Rice of writing a note on the back of her hand to improve her performance at a piano concert, and demand a Congressional investigation, I will not take that very seriously either.

Try winning a few elections.

I am not sure who 'you people' are - you sound a little paraniod. I am also not sure how you could read my mind or predict my future without knowing me. It seems that you have argued against ad hominem with ad hominem.

Also, I don't think you won anything. I know it has become popular in America that if you are a fan of a team for a while you feel like you can call them your team. But I feel it is unreasonable to get any feeling of pride when "your team" wins.

Since I belong to no party nor voted a straight ticket - I am not sure what your are talking about.

Can you speak to the topic at hand or do you simply choose to attack an invisible and fictitious 'you people' while appealing to a group of fictitious people who are morally superior and are 'winning'?

TTF
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:37 am
Bolton just got appointed to the position.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:40 am
Bolton just got appointed to the position.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:43 am
BBB
Well, Bush just promoted Bolton to the UN. Now he can lie to the world like he did to the Congress. He's a very experienced liar.

BBB
0 Replies