What a scumbag!!!

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 04:09 pm
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05204/542520.stm

"The family of a Marine who was killed in Iraq is furious with Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll for showing up uninvited at his funeral this week, handing out her business card and then saying "our government" is against the war."

I dont know what party this woman is a member of,but this is despicable behavior for any politician.
I hope she loses her job,and is forced to publicly apologize.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,757 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 06:27 pm
Re: What a scumbag!!!
mysteryman wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05204/542520.stm

"The family of a Marine who was killed in Iraq is furious with Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll for showing up uninvited at his funeral this week, handing out her business card and then saying "our government" is against the war."

I dont know what party this woman is a member of,but this is despicable behavior for any politician.
I hope she loses her job,and is forced to publicly apologize.

She's a lefty what else would you expect. No class and she is clueless. I'm surprised she didn't have a news crew with her to document how the left supports the troops.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:41 pm
I do not think it is unusual for the Governor to be represented at the funerals of servicemen killed in combat. As for passing out the business card, I believe that was just by way of identification to the family in question. As the article said, there were no news crews.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:44 pm
How many funerals has Bush attended?

Oh, that's right.... he's still cutting that pile of brush at his ranch.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:47 pm
Bush shows his respect for the troops by preventing the press from showing the body bags some 1700 of them have come home in.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:53 pm
She doesn't appear to be the dense scumbag that the poster implied. Seems that she gets to as many funerals as possible.

Catherine Baker Knoll - Lieutenant Governor

The first woman elected to the Office of Lieutenant Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Catherine Baker Knoll comes to this position prepared by a lifetime of public service. Her prior experience as a statewide officeholder makes her uniquely qualified to confront the challenges ahead.

Born in Pittsburgh, educated at Duquesne University, Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, Lt. Gov. Knoll served eight distinguished years as State Treasurer of Pennsylvania.

As treasurer, she implemented and maintained the highest standards of accountability and integrity. She also kept Pennsylvania ahead of the technology curve by building a High Tech Investment Center that saved Pennsylvania hundreds of millions of dollars through increased efficiency and returned nearly two billion dollars in interest.

Her credentials include accomplishments in finance, transportation, housing, education, environmental work, human rights, small business development and urban and rural revitalization efforts.

Prior to holding public office, she was a schoolteacher and a businesswoman. Lt. Gov. Knoll has contributed to her community through her longstanding involvement with the YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, Mom's House, the NAACP, Elder Care, Inc., and the Pennsylvania Nature Conservancy.

Honored by organizations throughout the nation for her leadership, she accumulated a long list of "firsts." Among them: first woman appointed to the AFL-CIO Housing and Building Board of Trustees; Chairwoman of the Pension Committee of the National Association of State Treasurers; creator of Pennsylvania's Student Loan Program and of Small Business Loan Programs for women and minorities.

Lt. Gov. Knoll's late husband, Charles, was a U.S. Postmaster. Her four children are all adult professionals in their own right.

[URL=Catherine Baker Knoll - Lieutenant Governor]source[/URL]
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:00 pm
I get the impression that many of you actually condone and agree with her inexcusable insensitivity by making her antiwar remarks at the funeral.

Why am I not surprised.

Gustav,
It is NOT the policy for a President to go to funerals like that,but since you brought it up...how many did Clinton attend?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:02 pm
Ok, I am not sure I should be jumping in here at all, but I feel a bit compelled to.

I don't know much about politics, but I do believe tht passing out the business cards certainly could be perceived as a terrible feau paux. I find it tacky myself. Now, if she gave it to one person and told them, please give this to the family member and let me know if they need anything.

And guys/gals, I don't like war either. But, the fact is that are our troops are over there. They are fighting for God and country. Do you think they spend a lot of time trashing the president or the government? I think they are too busy dodging bullets. I think we need to focus mainly on the fact that they are there and we support them.

And if we don't like Bush, let's vote him out!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:35 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

Some of us do like Bush. But I do promise I won't vote for Bush the next time he runs for President.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:38 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 01:28 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Some of us do like Bush. But I do promise I won't vote for Bush the next time he runs for President.

Does that include the inevitable Jeb Bush presidency in '08?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 05:36 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Would you if he was able to run again? :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 06:07 am
mysteryman wrote:
I get the impression that many of you actually condone and agree with her inexcusable insensitivity by making her antiwar remarks at the funeral.

Why am I not surprised.

Gustav,
It is NOT the policy for a President to go to funerals like that,but since you brought it up...how many did Clinton attend?

Both Clinton and Reagan attended more than Bush. But, of course, Bush wants to deny that they exist. That is why he has prevented pictures of coffins being returned to the U.S. See HERE
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 06:35 am
You are misinformed, Intrepid.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 06:40 am
How so Lash? I got my information from several sources. This is but one.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 06:58 am
You seem to have accepted the partisan spin on why Bush has made the decisions he has regarding these funerals.

His father was of the opinion--as I am--that a President showing up for soldier's funerals smacks of crassness and a photo op for the President. Bush I said he wouldn't do it--partially because the circus atmosphere detracts from the family's ability to mourn their loved one. He didn't want reporters wrecking the solemnity of the service.

His son feels the same way. I used to hate what a Presidential appearance did to funerals-=-before Bush made that decision--and I supported it then--and support it now.

Bush does meet with many families of KIAs. If he was avoiding them--why would he meet with them?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:03 am
where is your outrage for the scumbags who sent the Marine to his death for no reason but war profiteering and the expansion of power? Which by the way is working out great, huh?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:08 am
Lash wrote:
You seem to have accepted the partisan spin on why Bush has made the decisions he has regarding these funerals.

His father was of the opinion--as I am--that a President showing up for soldier's funerals smacks of crassness and a photo op for the President. Bush I said he wouldn't do it--partially because the circus atmosphere detracts from the family's ability to mourn their loved one. He didn't want reporters wrecking the solemnity of the service.

His son feels the same way. I used to hate what a Presidential appearance did to funerals-=-before Bush made that decision--and I supported it then--and support it now.

Bush does meet with many families of KIAs. If he was avoiding them--why would he meet with them?

I didn't say he was avoiding them. He is doing this behind closed doors. He does not want to promote that his is the one that sent them to their death. At least not publicly. He is hiding his head in the sand. Only his big but is sticking out.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:21 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Sweet! Jeb is OFF Tico's list.

He said Bush - I think that means ALL of them.

Wink

As far as the rest of this goes - blah blah left is bad blah blach right is evil... nothing to see here.

TF
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:29 am
I don't think there is any getting around the fact that this was tacky behavior. She could have paid he respects and asked if there is anything she could do for the family of deceased. (like someone else said)
0 Replies