Is it normal for sex to help insomnia?

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 12:18 am
I have been having insomnia and sleep deprivation problems for over a year now. I have tried different things and seen different doctors, but haven't been able to find much of a solution that works yet.

However, it seems that the last four times I had sex with my gf soon before bed, I slept really well after, like a baby pretty much.

I can only have sex with her about once to twice a week though on our schedules, so it's not like it's an every night solution of course. However, is this a breakthrough in what could be what is causing the insomnia, if something like this is helping it? I was just curious about that, but thanks for any advice on it! I really appreciate it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 628 • Replies: 10
No top replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 02:17 am
@harmonica,
Quote:
Is it normal for sex to help insomnia?

Well mate I'm eighty, and often have nights where I get buggerall sleep, but after a long 3 minute marathon sexual encounter, I don't wake up till sunrise.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 09:01 am
@harmonica,
Without a doubt.
harmonica

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 09:40 am
@coluber2001,
Oh okay. But I can only have sex with my gf about twice a week at most because of our schedules, so would it be unfair to ask for more, to get more than two nights of good sleep a week, or is there a way I can increase this to sleep better for more nights a week? Or what do you think?
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 09:49 am
@harmonica,
How can you ask for more sex if your schedules don't allow it?

Try seeing your doctor about a sleep aid. There are also websites that offer advice on calming, white noise, meditative music, etc., prior to going to bed.

Sex isn't the only answer and it may not even be the correct one.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 11:14 am
@harmonica,
Have a J Arthur.
0 Replies

harmonica

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 12:55 pm
Okay thanks. I know that sex isn't always the answer but since it worked, I was wondering if it was a sign like it's got something to do with that maybe.

Also I have tried J Arthurs but it doesn't work with insomnia and doesn't make any difference. For some reason sex with my gf makes a huge difference, but not if I have orgasm by myself.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 01:26 pm
@harmonica,
Do a bit of exercise before you go to sleep.
Ragman

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
I second that exercise approach. Exercise should end at the latest an hour before bedtime.

Using a routine of doing a reasonable amount of exercise works just fine making you tired enough to drop off to sleep. Follow a set time for bed and stick to the set routine.

Avoid caffeine after 3 pm. Avoid sugary food after dinner time dessert (or limit the quantity).

Also, turn the lights lower and avoid stimulating, loud nerve-jangling activities like video games. Shut off laptop or monitor watching of any sort an hour before bed.
harmonica

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2021 11:35 pm
@Ragman,
Exewrcise hasn't seemed to make much of a difference that I can tell in the insomnia though. So far only sex has which I wonder if it's a pyshological thing therefore then?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2021 12:40 pm
@harmonica,
It Only helps for the guy. It’s the girl that loses the sleep.
0 Replies