sleeping problems

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 03:11 am
hey all. i have really bad sleeping problems. I sleep ALOT. its not normal. I went to bed at 4 in the morning yesterday and woke up at 4:30 in the afternoon! My friend said she went to bed at 4 in the morning and woke up at 11:00 a.m. Does eveyone need different amounts of sleep? I read that teenagers need about 7-9 hours of sleep. Can you train your body to wake up and not be tired? For school i'd go to bed at around 11 12:00 and i'd have to wake up at 6 and id always be really tired. then through out the day id get energized and then when id get home around 3 id go straight to sleep and wake up at 8:00! Me and my friend stayed up all night and fell asleep at 5:00. she woke up at 10:00 in the morning and i kept sleeping and finally she made me wake up at 2:00. i could of slept later than that. probably 4 more hours. why is it that she only needs 5 hours and shes fine but ill sleep 10 hours and wake up and still be tired.i hate sleeping so much. my friend said that its because my bodies used to all the sleep and i need to train it and stuff. is that true? im so stressed out. i need answers. please help and give advice...id appreciate it Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 870 • Replies: 6
No top replies

material girl

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 03:38 am
You need to get yourself into a proper sleeping pattern.Dont allow yourself to sleep till, say 10pm and set an alarm for about 8am the next day.
Dont allow yourself any naps in between.

It needs to be a regular routine.

I had a nap about 6pm yesterday and found it difficult to get to sleep at bedtime coz I wasnt tired.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 04:51 am
Re: sleeping problems
Lil, I've got the opposite problem: horrendous insomnia (stemming from a chronic illness). I wish we could trade! Very Happy But you know, there are sleep clinics you can go to. They can figure out just what's going on with your system. Have you talked to your parents about this? Are they concerned? And are you eating right? (I know, that sounds trite, but if a body's not getting proper or enough nutrients, it might be awfully sleepy...)

Do you have any other symptoms? Bec. the condition I have can manifest either with colossal insomnia (as in my case), or else in what you're experiencing. But of course, scores of health conditions can be marked by tiredness and the need for an exorbitant amount of sleep.
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:49 am
yea i have really bad insomnia to. ill be trying to sleep and just sitting their for an hour before i can go to sleep. it sucks!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:20 am
Teenagers do require a lot of sleep on average at least 9 hours. There has also been a lot of research on teenager sleep patterns. Many have concluded that teenagers' biology is geared to staying up later and sleeping later in the morning. Some schools because of a teenager's biology have bumped school start times.
So I think you are normal, however, due to school hours and your need for 9 hours of sleep, you should begin to train your body to go to sleep earlier at night and wake up earlier in the morning. Maybe you could start by going to bed a half hour earlier and setting your alarm clock to give you nine hours and then slowly change your bed time a little earlier each night. The problem is if you do not get enough sleep you won't do as well in school, sports, etc.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:22 am
Everyone needs a different amount. My hubby was tired all the time and couldn't get out of bed in the morning so we sent him to a sleep clinic. Luckily, nothing was wrong and the doctor said that most people need 6 hours to function and 8 is ideal. My husband, on the other hand, needs 8 hours to function and 10 is ideal. So, there is nothing wrong with you. Just sleep when you need to.
0 Replies

bluefin

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:33 pm
Sleep
the most important thing for you is follow a strict plan of proper timings everyday for sleeping, waking up, eating etc
that will make a difference for your body
it will work out for you
0 Replies