Fast Food Workers: If You Hate Your Job, QUIT!

Chai

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:20 pm
Hmmmmm <thinking>

It's all well and good to excuse poor service by saying - it's just flipping burgers, but......

not to be a pollyanna - but anything worth doing is worth doing well.
for a lot of kids working at doodle burger this is their first job experience.
If they have a bad attitude there, I can't really say I believe when they get their first "real" job their attitude will be 100%.

yeah, it's a crappy job, but it's a learning experience for dealing with the rest of the human race.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:33 pm
There better damn well not be any bacon issues!

Love your picture!

Shewolf - it is unfair to boycott all Quiznos - they are franchises so they are owned by different people. You had one bad experience at one franchise - from all the research I have done on the franchise - they train for good customer service. As any where you could have one bad day or one bad store. This does not equate to all being bad. Take a peak at epinions.com. They are rated with 4 stores - most reviews have very positive customer service, but like anything there are a small handful of bad reviews.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 03:12 pm
I wasnt seriously saying boycott them ALL.. ;-)
I love thier sanwiches.
I am just still peeved at her behavior.
I know they are not all the same
I have NEVER been treated like that before.
It was.. a little shocking to say the least
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:10 am
Well with behavior like that - I cannot imagine that they will have a successful business.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:44 am
I know why they're miserable!

Because they deal with self-loathing obese people who hate their own pathetic lives for being so f'n fat all day, and get talked down by these people who's only way to feel better about themselves other than drowning their fat sorrows away in a bacon cheesburger is talking down to fast food workers.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:01 am
i think you are on to something there Slappy.
really.
I remember when I was eating at places like McShit, 9 times out of 10 .. the person who was complaining and LOULDY was about 300 lbs.....
and usually over something like ' not enough cheese, bacon, not large soda..etc"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:07 am
As far as Quiznos...I like the sandwiches a lot. Probably my favorite sandwich chain. However they're slow as hell for a fast food place. When it's busy it sucks. But I'm not generally impatient, so I usually don't mind.

I know Subway's food is crap next to it, but it's very fast. D'Angelos is a decent compromise. Pretty good sandwiches, and not too slow. Expensive though...large chicken stir-fry is around $7-8.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:10 am
Linkat wrote:
Well with behavior like that - I cannot imagine that they will have a successful business.

I wish I could say that thier business would reflect thier customer service
- meaning.. loss of busniess-
but, they are smack dab in the middle of the mall where people will ALWAYS order from them.
I hope though, that my complaints and my husbands complaints brought down some heat on that woman who w as there and she knows to curb her tongue from now on.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:11 am
I am a subway fan, I wanna be like Jared and loose weight.... except I have never been nearly as big as him
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:14 am
DAMN IT, now I am hungry
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:25 am
I like Tubby's and Potbelly's sammiches. I don't dig Subway that much and Quiznos is ok.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:05 am
The reason that Quiznos is so much slower is that they cut meat and other stuff as the sandwich is ordered - keeps it fresher and better tasting, rather than have everything pre-made as most other places do. They also toast it - so that is an additional step. The toasting does make it more tasty, however, if you are in a hurry, you could ask for it untoasted.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:36 am
My experience with the Quiznos here was in the first weeks it opened. There was a deal for a sandwich and chips and drink for, say, 4.79 (I'm making that up, but close enough).
Otherwise it would add up to, say, 6.89.

I didn't want a drink, because I have no place in my Antique Volvo to rest a giant container of ice and soda, and hate diet coke baths when I'm driving. Thus, I paid something like 5.50 for the sandwich/chips sans drink. I'd already waited (this was inside, there's no drive through there) for quite a while so I didn't walk out, and didn't think to get the drink and throw it out.) But that irritated me enough to not go back.
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
I use to work at a fast-food place here in canada (tim horton's for any1 who knows that). But I have to say that I've met more rude customers than rude servers.
0 Replies

naruto

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 07:01 pm
@Bella Dea,
Yes, Well whoever you are who posted this dubious heading about "Quitting One's Fast Food Job If You Hate It", must have posted this prior to the "Depression" happening...............

Obviously in "times like these" one has to tolerate the shittiest of job's no matter how much they hate them!! There's no other choice but, to "Have To Do So" due to the fact one hasn't any alternative's in such an economy...................

Of course one only ever needs to enter into a fast Food Job right from the very first day they punch in with the attitude that; "This job is here to serve I the desperate job seeker with one thing and one thing only! ..................And that is a "STEPPING STONE TO A MORE GREENER RICHER PASTURE".

As long as one keeps that at the forefront of their mind they'll more easily deal with the piece of **** franchise owner & manager screaming at them. In other word's the Fast Food Worker needs to remind themselve's that this is "ONLY A TEMPORARY JOB" to serve them for the shortest amount of time possible until they can move on to better and brighter thing's!!
annette910

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:38 am
@Bella Dea,
its not only the rudeness are they are angry i worked in these places and they are really bad to the employees as well they are just mean and yell at you i took it for so long i started fighting back these people need to be reported and dont need to be in that kind of business they pay you low and want so much out of you that is not worth it
Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:24 am
@naruto,
Well, naruto, whoever YOU are, you didn't see that my original post was from 2005.

"In times like these", no one has to be a dick. We are all (well, those of use who aren't millionaires) in the same boat. You should BE so lucky to have ANY job in many places, and you should smile your ass off because of it. I live in one of the most depressed areas in the country so don't tell me about being happy to have a job.

Have you ever heard of "anything worth doing is worth doing well"?

Alternative job or not, if you work, at least do it right. I don't disrespect fast food workers and I don't expect them to treat me like a bother. I pay their paycheck. And I guarantee that there is someone right in line behind you to take your job, for less money, and kiss my ass.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:29 am
@annette910,
Not everyone is mean in the industry. 9 times out of 10 it's the employee, not the employer. It's just that the employees think they can slack off and "just get by". Not so. And if the most lowly paid employee could see the financial details of running a business, even they'd get it. You are being paid less than you'd like for your work? Join the millions of other Americans who get paid less than they deserve. It's life.

Restaurant working is hard. It demands you be at your best when everyone else is having their fun. Plain and simple. You are either cut out for it or you're not. Most people walk in expecting it to be easy. It seems it would be. But it's not. You have to know what's going on in the back, when you work in the front. You have to have customer service. Be quick. Be efficient. You have to be at your best 100% of the time. At least if you want your restaurant to succeed. A customer wronged will most likely walk out and never come back instead of saying something first so it's important to do it right the first time. You don't often get a second chance.
0 Replies

Dcaiter

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 08:47 pm
@Bella Dea,
Honestly, knowing first hand, most people at fast food restaurants are not morons, rude, or even apathetic. I hate working there, but as a teenager in my first job, where else am I supposed to work? I just get pissed off when somebody comes in and orders and then changes the order after they've paid, or comes up snooty and discerning in a jacket that is worth more than my paycheck and complains about prices or nutrition value. Honestly, working there is MUCH more exhausting than your cubicle, I'd like to see you stand over a hot grill n a room above 100 degrees for eight hours an then mop the floors and bike home and do two hours of biology homework. Stop complaining when you have probably never gone through that crap.
0 Replies

Brittanydanielle

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 09:42 pm
@Bella Dea,
I beg to differ, I WORK in fast food. I'm a cashier and I run front cash I clean I restock I close (which consist of tearing down machinery and cleaning it) I clean human waste off walls and I deal with RUDE people all day giving their judgmental your just a fast food worker looks but I ALWAYS keep a smile on my face. I'm a mother to two toddler boys and a full time college student, I'm a very hard worker, and it's PEOPLE like you that fast food workers hate where they work, we have to deal with rude management, co workers and customers. So please pass your judgement somewhere else you know nothing
0 Replies