The Ugly Truth, about "Our" War

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 04:50 pm
...I am a peace-loving individual, really hates that we got into this war, especially, for the hypocritical reason that we did.
...However, now that this disgusting thing has started, we must be cognizant of an unavoidable bare fact: If this country doesn't absolutely smash Iraq, other countries, and groups will think it's alright to pat Uncle Sam, on the ass! ...(" C'mere Girl, Who's yer daddy")
...In other after all of this country's, blustering, threatning, and chest thumping, anything less than complete victory, and we are exposed as toothless bullies. this will subject us to attacks. putting the entire country in danger. That's right, 9/11, type incidents kill us bleeding liberals , and doves too. North Korea is allready daring us to mess with them. Think how soft and vulnerable we'll look if we don't smash little ol' Iraq.
...And that's my 2 Cents worth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,188 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 04:56 pm
On the other hand, if the US had been able to bulldoze its way into Baghdad in a couple of days, those who dreamed up this endeavor would have had all the encouragement they needed to do the same to other countries: Iran, for starters...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:00 pm
More than what will U.S. look like I would worry about the world becoming a dangerous place. The war is bad enough. If it is not won, it will be disastrous.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:01 pm
No matter what - we will be looked at as bullies (toothless or not), that alone will mean a lot of trouble in the future. Plus, it looks like there are a lot more "enemies" that have been created!

What I desire is to see this thing end today we no more deaths. My prayers go to the fighters as well as non combatant civilians!
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:13 pm
That's why I call it an ugly truth, Bill. I remember as a kid, my younger cousin's quick temper, putting him in danger. He was wrong but I couldn't let him get hurt, and sometimes I would be in danger myself, from his big mouth.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:17 pm
That's why the decision was a lose/lose war. Now its a criminal war also. I had a brother that use to lie all the time. I would come up with a way to not make him look like a liar for years, then I finally started throwing my hands in the air and walking away.

With this administration, I've been throwing my hands in the air and walking away ever since I saw Bush in a debate -

I'm with ya Booman!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:19 pm
BTW, I do catch your point about "OUR" War.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:28 pm
Very Happy

...Coincidentally, you may have seen me mention this before, but it was in a debate, when I initially became disgusted with him. He was bragging about the people he had killed on death row, with a gleam in his eye, you would expect from a guy talking about sexual conquests. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:29 pm
BLANK
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:38 pm
Booman, did you hear about what he said when he was asked what the woman he executed said to him and he said she begged him to let her go - with a gleem in his eye. I forget the exact exchange but it was made to Bob Woodward for his book about Bush.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:47 pm
Booman
Nothing left to say, you said it all.

Folic
Was it necessary to get that bit of propaganda in.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 06:09 pm
AU1929,
...STOP IT!....You're embarrassing me! Embarrassed Very Happy ............Really? Cool

Bill,
...That was probably the low point of an altogether distasteful spot.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 06:13 pm
Booman
Hey when your right your right. I will however temper my praise in the future.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 06:46 pm
Don't you dare! Twisted Evil I believe I can take it. :wink:
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 11:42 am
...Now that things are obviously going our way in "our" war, it's time to look at the prognosis, for "our" victory. Once the Bush Regi... er..Coalition Forces are ensconced in Iraq, they will have great influence on "the peoples" oil, :wink: and prices. This in turn, could result in an upturn, in U.S. economy. And guess what? There won't be a special high price for us "Bleedin' Liberals". Smile Everyone will benifit in the economic upturn.
...So how do the Democrats benifit from the imminent victory? Actually pretty good with the apparent expediency. By this time next year the economy could in all probability be going downward again, and there could be any number of things to attack Bush on. What with the luster of victory having worn off, and Dubya' being exposed as a tool of the oil companies. Unless of course Bush turns out to be a sincere, and competent statesman, with completely altruistic intentions. ......... Shocked ...(snicker Smile ) ...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face. Embarrassed
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:53 pm
Booman
There is however one chink in the armor. Bush may have us embroiled in another conflict by than. If the economy is as bad as I expect it will be there is little doubt that we will be. In Bush's equation Lives Vs Votes. Votes I fear will carry the day.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:55 pm
True, true, true! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:15 pm
(shiver)....That thought is so ugly, and cynical, I tried to repress it. Crying or Very sad The scary part is, it's likely closer to probable, than possible.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:33 pm
Cheney and Rum-a-dum-dum have already started Seria talk.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:39 pm
eeyep.
0 Replies