Vaccination issue: Would I be wrong?

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:13 pm
@Glennn,
bullshit conspiracy theokries again. Look at the public health stats. Unvaccinated, eleven times the probability of death. the unvaccinated are dying and pushing ICUs to the limit. vaccinated aren't. the vaccines demonstrably work well. that is the simple reality.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
Factually, 25% of African Americans polled say they plan to never get the vaccine. This is about equal to White Americans. Vaccine hesitancy (wait and see) is higher for African Americans than White Americans.

The liberal stereotype of the working class White idiot is not factual.
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:20 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
You understand that the experimental injection does not prevent transmission.

Yes. Delta apparently allows the virus to build up in the throat, beyond the reach of the immune system. That allows people who are immune to Covid to still act as carriers and spread it to other people.

Glennn wrote:
So, what study have you seen that proves an eighty percent reduction in the possibility of becoming infected?

I have not read any studies. I have only read a summary by the CDC. I presume that there is a study somewhere that justifies the summary however.

This CDC page says the vaccine makes you 6.1 times less likely to contract Covid, and 11.3 times less likely to die from Covid:
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

To make the math easier I rounded those numbers to five (leading to my 80% figure) and ten (leading to my 90% figure).

The CDC also made this handy graphic:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/social-media/mm7037e1_HospitalizationDeathVaccineStatus_IMAGE_10Sept21_1200x675-large.jpg

Glennn wrote:
Of course, since the flu had all but disappeared, anyone who had a viral infection probably had covid, and now have natural immunity. Perhaps you've experienced such an infection and thereby acquired natural immunity without even knowing it.

It is very possible. I had a brief illness (with a high fever for half a day) after I attended a concert (the symphony orchestra kind, not the rock kind) at a private college. It was quite early in the pandemic before it was supposed to have spread very far in the US, but there were probably foreign students at the college that may well have brought it into the US without anyone realizing it.

But my immunity from that, if that is what it was, had long since diminished by the time the first vaccines became available.
0 Replies

ManOfTruth

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
ONE BLACK PERSON

Wow.

You're a racist.
ManOfTruth

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Factually, 25% of African Americans polled say they plan to never get the vaccine. This is about equal to White Americans. Vaccine hesitancy (wait and see) is higher for African Americans than White Americans.

It's actually higher in black communities than among whites.

Black people have good reason to not trust the government. Blacks were purposely infected with syphilis, I think it was (correct me if someone has the actual data, I'm not looking it up) by the government back in the day. It was a well documented incident.

Quote:
The liberal stereotype of the working class White idiot is not factual.

A more accurate stereotype is the woke liberal white who thinks that they're the savior of black people. That's what's called 'benevolent racism'.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:33 pm
@ManOfTruth,
It's your video and you're attmpting to portray it as representative of masses of black people with zero evidence. seems to me you are the racist here.
ManOfTruth

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
Ice Cube is a prominent black. And you're denigrating his voice and his truth.

You're a racist confirmed.
Glennn

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
You seem to be having a hard time accepting the fact that none of the trusted medical authorities who knew damn well that the PCR-test was not appropriate for the purpose bothered to speak up when labs around the world used it anyway. I provided you with quotes from all of them saying exactly what I told you they've said. And now you want to pretend that what I've shown you is a theory despite the fact I have the quotes from all relevant parties.

You must believe there's a conspiracy to make it look like tony and company condemned the use of the PCR-test in one breath, and then stood by silently as it was used. But no. The quotes are real, and they indicate exactly what I've said.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2021 07:35 pm
@ManOfTruth,
He's one man. mOne. He;s a rapper, not a medical expert in any way. No medical expertise. And he's pretty much an outcast in his views. If YOU think what he's saying is truth, that's\ a pretty potent argument that it is no such thing..
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 12:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
I go by actual hospital patients and deaths. They prove conclusively that vax works. If you want to play russian roulette with 5 bullets in the gun, go right ahead.
Glennn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 07:10 am
@MontereyJack,
You cry as if the survivability rate is 1%. It's not! It's over 99%.

And the experimental injection does not work. If it did, you wouldn't be needing a second on. And for sure you wouldn't need a booster every several months. Plus, it doesn't prevent infection or transmission.

Is there a reason you are unable to recognize a failed "vaccine"?
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 12:58 pm
@Glennn,
More bullshit from you.. the first saabin polio vaccines required three shots spread over a year. I just got a shingles vaccine with two shots 3 to six months apart. TDAP VACCINe (used to be DPT) Has to be renewed evey few years. One shot only applies sometimes. And the stats are clear. In the current spikes it is the utttinvaxxed that are clogging icus and getting really sick and dying. Why does the far right like death so much
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 02:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
I just got a shingles vaccine with two shots 3 to six months apart.

Me too.

So long as you don't forget, waiting until you get to six months will give you a stronger response.

I'm going to try to get my second shot at about 5.5 months to maximize my immune response. Hopefully I won't forget.

MontereyJack wrote:
I just got a shingles vaccine with two shots 3 to six months apart. TDAP VACCINe (used to be DPT) Has to be renewed evey few years.

Make sure you always get Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, antibody-pertussis) instead of Td (tetanus, diphtheria).

If you've recently had a Tdap, they will try to give you Td. But if you insist on Tdap every time, it's not too difficult to find someone who will accommodate you.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 03:41 pm
@oralloy,
good on ya. i've heard shingles is EXTREMELY unpleasant, something i'd joust as soon not experience firsthand. I think TDAP has replaced the old DPT, n MA at least. CVS didn't give me any backchat about it.

Trying to make refusal to get covid vaxes as some sort of principled refusal to submit to tyranny has got to be one of the most egregious case of political loony toons I've ever heard of. the virus seems to be unerringly silencing some of the most strident and shrill anti-vax voices. Permanently.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 05:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
I think TDAP has replaced the old DPT, n MA at least. CVS didn't give me any backchat about it.

In addition to Tdap there is also Td, which only protects against tetanus and dyptheria. It does not protect against pertussis.

I've had doctors try to give me Td. I always insist on Tdap.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 05:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
I think TDAP has replaced the old DPT, n MA at least. CVS didn't give me any backchat about it.

DPT has been replaced by:

DTaP
DT
Tdap
Td

The "a" signifies that it uses pertussis antibodies instead of pertussis itself.

The lowercase "d" and "p" signify lower doses for dyptheria and pertussis. DTaP and DT are used for initial doses, while Tdap and Td are used for booster shots.

The versions without any "ap" or "aP" only protect against tetanus and dyptheria. They do not protect against pertussis.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 09:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
More bullshit from you

I said that you are reacting as if the survivability rate is 1% instead of 99%. You haven't shown that to be bullshyt.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2021 06:23 am
@Glennn,
If your stat were true, 1percent survival, you are claiming about 70 million people got covid. Check your math. You are absurd.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2021 06:28 am
@MontereyJack,
I honestly think he gets off on the idea of unvaccinated people dying because of what he said.

And I'm sure he's vaccinated.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2021 09:18 am
@MontereyJack,
No. I said that YOU are acting as if the survivability rate is 1% instead of the 99+% that it actually is. You are being absurd. You're running around like a chicken with its head cut off desperately looking for that extra 1% protection because tony and company told you it's the smart thing to do. Brought to you because you'll believe anybody in a white coat.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 10:00:47