Vaccination issue: Would I be wrong?

Ragman

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 08:54 am
@Barry2021,
Here lies the problem. Izzy and others Took the time to explain to you how the site is programmed yet you still persist. He didn’t have to do that. A thank you might be a worthwhile response.
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 09:33 am
@Barry2021,
One more thing to consider:

In a podcast episode released last Tuesday, New York Times best-selling author, Alex Berenson, who was permanently suspended from Twitter, appeared on “The Joe Rogan Experience” to discuss the latest reports on the COVID vaccines out of the UK.

Berenson showed Rogan a report entitled “COVID-19 Vaccine Surveillance Report Week 38” from Public Health England (PHE), which is equivalent to the Center for Disease Control in the United States. He pointed to the fact that the British Government’s own data shows the majority of COVID cases and deaths occurred in the fully vaccinated during the month of September, or more specifically, between the weeks of 34 and 37 2021.

Berenson said:

I have to keep saying this to people because they almost don’t believe it. In the UK, more than 70% of the people who die now from COVID are fully vaccinated.”

According to Table 4 from the PHE Report, during the month of September, there were a total of 3,158 COVID deaths in England. PHE defines deaths as occurring “within 28 days of a positive specimen (COVID-19 test) or COVID-19 reported on death certificate”. And, they define fully vaccinated as “14-days or more after the second dose of a 2-dose vaccine”. In total, 2,284 of the 3,158 total COVID deaths in England for the month of September were fully vaccinated. In other words, 72.32% of COVID-19 deaths in England during September were fully vaccinated.

Berenson continued,

I’m going to keep saying it because nobody believes it, but the numbers are there in the government documents. They are not a secret. It’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s not somebody saying I heard this from my cousin. It’s in British government documents.”

“What I want everyone to see,” he said. “Is that the vast majority of people in Britain who died in September were fully vaccinated. Those are the numbers.”

Here is that table:

https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/w_1456,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc33184b3-f757-47ae-baba-994ad557e763_799x516.png
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 09:57 am
@Glennn,
This is a problem with people who don't understand statistics.

The statistic is true (I just checked) and meaningless.
Barry2021

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 09:58 am
@Ragman,
WTF are you talking about?????

If you noticed from a few posts ago I did say this to Region Philbis:

"Thanks, I got it figured out. Not sure why you have to opt in for that quote button to come up."

So yes, I did say thank you. Funny, of all the responses to this post this is your first one and you come on the attack because, you think, I didn't say thank you for helping me figure out how to quote someone's reply?

GTFOH!!!!!
0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 10:04 am
@Glennn,
Glenn,
I appreciate all your facts and data, but that has no bearing on what I choose to do in my house. I want to make sure that me and my wife are protected as well as me and my wife's siblings, and me and my wife's parents. You can list out all the facts and data you want but people are still dying from covid. I appreciate your info but I have to do what's best for me and my household. Both of my step-sons are not vaccinated and choose not to get vaccinated. That's their choice. But now their choices have consequences along with that. If they choose not to get vaccinated then they will now be required to wear a mask anytime they are inside our home.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 10:11 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This is a problem with people who don't understand statistics.

The statistic is true (I just checked) and meaningless.

I was thinking about starting another post on bad statistics, but I will explain it here in brief.

The question we want to know is how many people who are vaccinated are dying. The statistic is the reversed, it is how many people who are dying are vaccinated. These two numbers are not directly related. There is an interest mathematical concept called Baye's law that covers this. But in short, Glennns reasoning is bogus.

If you vaccinate 98% of the old and sick people, and 60% of the general population.... then most people of the people dying will be old and sick and vaccinated. They are dying of covid because they are old and sick not because they are vaccinated.
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Oh, I'm sorry. I neglected to include the very next line.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is UK Government data and what it says is that the idea that it is a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated’ is a total lie. You are more likely to become sick if you are vaccinated than if you are not if you are older than 40.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You agree?

And max, do you have anything against natural immunity?
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, let me ask you a question. How many cases of covid has there been to date in the U.S.?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:26 pm
@Glennn,
About 45.6 million.

Let me ask you a question... do you think you could land a 747?
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:30 pm
@maxdancona,
And how many deaths, max?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:32 pm
@Glennn,
Sorry Glennn, I didn't really want to respond to you. I think you are quite crazy (and probably irredeemably so).

I responded to your post because the mathematical fallacy you posted is an interesting one. Baye's law is a mathematical concept that has every day consequences even though most people don't understand it.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:33 pm
@Glennn,
Between 1-5%.

You are very close to boring me... and if you bore me I stop responding. So say something interesting.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:36 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, what percentage of 45,616,284 is 739,259?

I think you'll find the answer, and what it means, interesting.

Was it my mention of superior natural immunity that caused your boredom?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:44 pm
@Glennn,
Just what I said, between 1 and 5%. What is your point?

[yawn]
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:49 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn.

I think your position is both insane and extreme. You are denying scene. I think I have made my position on this quite clear.

However, I agree that people on the other side are exaggerating the risk, and this is also a form of extremism.

The scientists are being quite clear and direct. 739,259 people is a lot of deaths. The number of people was higher than it would have been without covid (and it would have been even higher without public health measures).

That being said, covid isn't the greatest cause of death, and the death rate for people contracting covid is pretty low. But still, we have a disease that is causing hundreds of thousands of deaths.

The facts are the facts. We shouldn't exaggerate them. We shouldn't hide them. We shouldn't deny them. They just are.
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, there's forty-five million people who are now immune to covid. Are you actually advocating for putting an experimental injection into them anyway? Explain your reasoning for pushing an unnecessary injection.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:15 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry. I neglected to include the very next line.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is UK Government data and what it says is that the idea that it is a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated’ is a total lie. You are more likely to become sick if you are vaccinated than if you are not if you are older than 40.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You agree?

And max, do you have anything against natural immunity?

1. No. That is a basic mathematical error.
2. The problem with natural immunity is that I have to get sick.

Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, should the 45,000,000 people who have tested positive for covid get an experimental injection when all but one little study prove that their natural immunity is superior to the experimental injection?
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The problem with natural immunity is that I have to get sick.

Whether or not the experimental injections will keep you from getting sick is something we'll get to. But first, let's agree that all but one of the studies prove that the 45,000,000 people who've tested positive for covid have natural immunity which is superior to the experimental injection.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:54 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Max, should the 45,000,000 people who have tested positive for covid get an experimental injection when all but one little study prove that their natural immunity is superior to the experimental injection?

This is silly, Glennn. I have already answered this. Let me make this simple.

1. You get natural immunity by getting sick.
2. I don't want to get sick.

I could point out that the word "superior" in a scientific claim is ridiculous in itself. "Superior" is a emotional judgment, not a scientific fact. In science, terms have to be well-defined and testable. The idea that getting sick with a possibly deadly disease is "superior" is laughable.

Now, I am really going away. I have already wasted too much time on this idiocy and I am bored. You can count as a sign of victory if you wish...

Goodbye.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:39:40