What a small friggin world.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:45 pm
I don't think so.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:51 pm
Dammit, I was out sick last night! Although, Pedro, my protege, told me that there was a commotion in one of the booths last night when they found some guy in overalls in there with a sheep. I should have known that was you!

I hope the cops weren't too rough on you, by the way. Did you get your sheep back?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:11 pm
Yep, got the sheep back. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:25 pm
I love happy endings.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:43 pm
I love my job. Singular. Next Monday will be my last day at the second job. If I had the time, I would love to keep both of them. After one year of working at both though, I'm tired! Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:58 pm
Rae, I am happy to hear that you love both of them. Smiling at you, and enjoy the respite.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:06 pm
That was funny, Gus and Kicky....a little scary....but funny...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:10 pm
Kicky, that is a sweet job. Maybe that will be what I tell women I do for a living when they ask...always looking to add to my imaginary profession list.

Cat euthanizer, CK underwear model, sell blow-up dolls on Ebay...and now peep show booth janitor.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:26 pm
Smilin right back at you, osso! Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:48 pm
Bookkeeping is okay, but the rewards are largely spiritual.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:15 pm
Yes, I have been known to go around saying 'Oh Lord' when I'm faced with a mell of a hess, or 'Thank God' when I'm magically in balance.....

Spiritual, indeed.....

Being the idiot that I am.....I agreed to stay one more week at the video store because two people quit today.....and because I can't say no to my boss.....and because I'm an idiot. Did I already mention that? Shocked
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:20 am
Profession? You mean like a career or a job? Work? To make money? Hmmm...that's an interesting concept. In fact, I have done that before. Never had a job I didn't like. I might do it again at some point.
Volunteer work or maybe something very part time that is loads of fun. We'll see.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 04:30 am
I think it means a job. make money for life just.
yeah,I work for my life.just a common life.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 05:06 am
I've worked fast food, hospital unit clerk, retail management, furniture sales, paralegal, and as a self-employed events planner.

Besides parenthood, my favorite was event planning. Gave me lots of creative outlets and the satisfaction of pulling it all off was very rewarding. I got to spend other peoples money to show everyone a good time.

Downside was the long hours and some major physical labor in the heat due to having to set up / take down inflatable rides for some events. But, even that wasn't too bad.

Wish Bear and I were still doing that.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:21 am
It took me a while, but I realized that yes, I love my profession. It's what I'm best at. At first, it was just a way to make money. I thought I wanted to be a mathemetician when I went back to school, but I ended up back doing software. Now I've just accepted that this is what I'm good at and this is what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I still love math but academia is not for me and to start over in industry would set back my whole family financially -- and my having gone back to school did enough of that. Anyway, I get to use my math skills often enough. If I'm lucky, I might get to come up with some mind-blowing new way of doing things. If I'm unlucky, I'll end up making it easier for the government to blow **** up.

I've flirted with the idea of doing interior design or landscape architecture or even civil engineering. But when it comes down to it, I'm just not a very creative person, even though I wish I was.
0 Replies