???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,302 • Replies: 35
No top replies

MinDSaY

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 11:40 pm
I once was an admin assistant, and no, it wasn't my dream job. I was bored most of the time because I had no work to do. But, I still had to stay in the office incase anyone needed anything.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 11:46 pm
Oh, that's too bad. What was your dream job?
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:05 am
Ray wrote:
Oh, that's too bad. What was your dream job?
Well I don't know if anyone can say that they love to go to work Embarrassed but if I was really really good then I would love to be an artist. I would paint anything even if it was a mess I would want to earn something from it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:16 am
I have a crud job.My official title is Call Desk Administrator.So far Ive been here nearly an hour and Ive emailed a pal, looked at 3 sites and had 1 phone call.I hate it, the job, not the emailing/site searching.

Id love to do something arty and creative too.Id play with swarovski beads all day and make beautiful things.I definately need to be creative!!But nobody id gona employ someone to have fun.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 07:12 am
I very much enjoy my profession - Where else could I get paid well, get great benefits, mental stimulation, be involved in so many facets of the industry and STILL get to fool around on A2K!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 07:35 am
Thank God for A2K, its nice to know im as normal/abnormal as other people.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:36 pm
Yeah, making a living out of painting is hard, maybe you can do it part time.

Quote:
I very much enjoy my profession - Where else could I get paid well, get great benefits, mental stimulation, be involved in so many facets of the industry and STILL get to fool around on A2K!

That's great.

Quote:
Thank God for A2K, its nice to know im as normal/abnormal as other people.

Yes, and everyone communicates in such a civil manner (usually).
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 06:04 am
Yes I do.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:28 pm
actually ,I hate my profession!Because it makes me so busy that I have not rest even on the weekend. Everyday I have lots of work to do,and work long time.so I feel very very tired.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 12:13 pm
I love mine too. It isn't what I started out thinking I wanted to do, but I went back to school in a different field than the original and ended up with a career that spans both lines of work.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 01:14 pm
I love my job. Pretty much doing exactly what I set out to do when I first started thinking of leaving my last job.

One of the youngest salespeople in my company, which is about to go public, I'm going to make a lot more this year than I ever have, my office is my home and I'm macro-managed. Even if I'm only there until next year I've got the experience/salesnumbers to move on to something else where I can make some good loot.

Downfall: had an awful month last month, but that's ok...still #1 in my region for the year so far.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 01:42 pm
Wow, Slappy! Ex-cell-ent!
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 02:54 am
NO!I very hate my profession! with it,I have to do more and more work that sometimes I can't bear it,
maybe the speed in china is faster than other country, I nearly have no weekend, and everyday I work after 9Surprisedo PM! So i am very tired everyday!
how can I solve this problem? and when can I get a soft job? to make it ,I come here ! I think I can improve my english,so maybe I will use it in sometimes.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 05:36 am
You really struck a nerve with this question.

I love the profession of engineering. I love solving problems and doing things right. And even though I'm not a civil or aeronautical engineer, every time you turn on the faucet and get clean water, or drive over a bridge, or fly in an airplane you do it safely because one of my brothers or sisters did his/her job right.

The job has changed a lot since I earned my first degree in '78. In the States (at least until '92 when I bailed out) the bosses started caring less and less about doing things right, and more and more about the balance sheet. I've been overseas since then, and I despise what engineering has become here. The bosses here don't have a clue what engineering is or how to run a plant. They think the answer to every problem is another status report, and woe to him who tells management something they don't want to hear.

I can turn my notice in for early retirement in a little less than eight months. The problem is that in persevering here I've pretty much lost my family back in the States. As much as I'd dearly love to get the hell outta Dodge, it doesn't look like I have anything to go back home to.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 05:45 am
I still hate mine and it looks like I may miss out on lunch if my ill boss cant come in to cover me.If he does come in il feel bad so I cant win either way!!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:47 pm
I actually like mine, very much. I'm still new there, but I'm enjoying it.

I work for a large pharmaceuticals company. I'm making better pay than I ever have, and they have a great benefits package.

But this is where I really lucked out -- my supervisor is great -- and so is the girl with whom I share an office. She's the one who is training me, and she's such a sweet person.

The people you work with can make all the difference.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:08 pm
I love my job. Even though the capybara industry has bottomed out over the last few years I still make a decent living. And I'm my own boss.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:36 pm
I've had a periphery of science career and a career as a landscape architect, and inbetween I ventured into art as a painter and gallery owner, twice berserk, once in the seventies and once in the 2000's.
Still am a practicing landarch. although I've slowed down.

The one I recommend as a potentially very interesting field, wide ranging areas of interest and capabilities making sense in a given office... is landscape architecture. The nub of it for me is solving design problems, but the nub of it for someone else could be community relations, regional planning, degraded land restoration, sustainability for agriculture and general landscape; residential garden design, city planning, park design (think Central Park, Olmsted and Vaux), campus design, general site design, think Villa Lante, although landarchs weren't a profession then. For those inclined to engineering, land arch uses a lot of the same understanding.

Not the best field if you want to make millions though.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:39 pm
I am the mop guy at Peepworld on 9th and 43rd. I love the smell of semen on the floor in the morning. Smells like...job security...
0 Replies