How do I stop getting distracted by sexual thoughts?

Sat 25 Sep, 2021 02:19 am
Hi all, I'm a 26 yo grad student. I have been having trouble for a while now with distracting thoughts. I am horny all the time and masturbating isn't helping much either. I mean, I masterubate and soon enough I'm back to being horny again. It is getting really distracting for me as I have so much work I should rather being be doing than this. I don't particularly have time for relationships either at the moment.
Please suggest how I might deal with this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 1,683 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 06:47 am
@TooMuch--,
When one thing takes over our lives - shopping, eating, drugs, alcohol, sex, - it can be an addiction .

Consider counseling to deal with the anxiety that drives you to distraction of your life goals or obligations.

PS while it’s normal for guys your age to be ever- ready and have lots of sexual thoughts, you seem to be troubled by it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 08:34 am
There was St Benedict, who, when a boy, left Rome, and betook himself to the Apennines in the neighbourhood. Three years did he live in prayer, fasting, and solitude, while the evil one assaulted him with temptation. One day, when it grew so fierce that he feared for his perseverance, he suddenly flung himself, in his scanty hermit’s garb, among the thorns and nettles near him, thus turning the current of his thoughts, and chastising the waywardness of the flesh, by sensible stings and smarts.
https://prayers4reparation.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/rolling-around-in-stinging-nettles-do-we-really-have-to-imitate-the-saints-all-the-way-2/
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 09:47 am
@TooMuch--,
TooMuch-- wrote:

Hi all, I'm a 26 yo grad student. I have been having trouble for a while now with distracting thoughts. I am horny all the time and masturbating isn't helping much either. I mean, I masterubate and soon enough I'm back to being horny again. It is getting really distracting for me as I have so much work I should rather being be doing than this. I don't particularly have time for relationships either at the moment.
Please suggest how I might deal with this?

Masturbate more often. Go to four or five times a day. Things will work out. Whack off quickly as possible...go back to work or whatever you have to do. If the feeling returns...whack again.

There is no such thing as masturbating too often.

You can work it out.
Region Philbis

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 11:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
There is no such thing as masturbating too often.
my friend told me he once got a raw deal out of it...
izzythepush

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 11:46 am
@Region Philbis,
I had a mate who thought he had an STD, he saw the doctor who was very sympathetic saying it was a social disease and nothing to be afraid of or embarrassed about.

After putting his mind at rest he had a look only to say he didn't have an STD at all, he had wanker's rash.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 02:56 pm
You need to have a relationship and you need to make time for it.
Seizan

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 03:18 pm
Distraction isn't always lack of focus, sometimes it's misdirected focus. I encountered much the same question from a "pen-pal" a few years back. A little research gave me this: Pause and focus briefly on cataloging your mom's stamp and coin collection, or on sorting out baseball cards, or on the time Dad gave you the old "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" talk before a big game... Difficult at first but after a few days it works like a charm and only takes about 3 minutes of your time.
0 Replies

Jingleboots

Wed 13 Oct, 2021 08:15 am
@TooMuch--,
Sound like addiction to me. There are groups and counseling for this. It may be a twelve step program designed for AA, but sex addiction can be controlled. I advise you to seek counseling and go from there.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 13 Oct, 2021 08:21 pm
Wash your hands often. If we meet, please elbow bump me.

Thanx.
Frank Apisa

Thu 14 Oct, 2021 02:47 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Wash your hands often. If we meet, please elbow bump me.

Thanx.

Whoa. Here's someone who has not been around for a while.

What's up, Doc?
0 Replies

VABGirl

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 06:50 pm
@Brandon9000,
I agree. Get in a real realtionship.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 07:15 pm
@Region Philbis,
If he pulls too hard, he'll come up short.
0 Replies