Is the U.S. government doing anything special to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11 this year?

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 08:40 pm
Hi. I'm a little curious and I'm probably the first person to ask about this.

2021 marks the 20th anniversary of 9/11. Is the U.S. government doing anything special to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11 this year?

If I remember correctly they came out with special limited edition commemoritive gold coins themed around 9/11 that featured an image of the World Trade Center on them shortly after 9/11 happened back in 2001.

I don't want to use the word "celebrate"; 9/11 was NOT a cause for celebration.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,576 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2021 10:03 am
@JGoldman10,
Remembrance is the appropriate thing...and yes just turn on your TV or read anything an the internet and you will see a plethora of remembrance goings on ,,,from new York to PA to the Pentagon to Boston and I am sure in most other areas.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2021 08:54 pm
@Linkat,
The New York Mets played a game against the New York Yankees on September 11th this year.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 02:25 am
@JGoldman10,
You like to use the term “saved” a lot.

Do you think the men who flew the planes into the two towers were saved?

They certainly did at the time, for attacking the infidels who are occupying the land of the prophet they will get a special place in paradise.

It’s not that different from calling people who disagree with you uncircumcised philistines.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 05:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Of course not. They were Muslim terrorists.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 02:08 am
@JGoldman10,
Plenty of Muslims regard the actions of America as terrorism.

If you knew anything about the history of the region you’d understand why they think that.

Those people see the bombers as martyrs who will be in paradise for killing the infidel.

You’re very good at sorting people into sheep and goats, that’s what 9/11 was from the perspective of fundamentalist Islam.
0 Replies