Are these good signs of him wanting something serious?

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 02:51 am
He had been following me on Instagram for a while and noticed I put up a story about a loved one and euthanasia and he reached out with a nice message and it went from there. Having been speaking for a few weeks, we ended up going out for dinner. Had very good chats, seems like a really lovely guy and nothing sexual. We also agreed on a lot of things; he spoke about family and he said his sister's boyfriend never takes initiative, for example, doesn't help out in the kitchen and we both agreed that if it was us, we would be doing that. The odd compliment, but in good taste. For example, telling me that I looked beautiful in a particular dress on Instagram and him saying he wishes I wear that to his birthday. Some cute messages to each other, like him sending me photos of what he does for work and him telling me that he often thinks about me. He picked me up from my house and before he got to mine, he texted me saying would I like him to meet my parents or just pick me up. Nice offer. He paid for dinner and it went really well in terms of chats, felt like a really caring and respectful guy, talked about family and all those nice things. He dropped me home and did not indicate anything about going back to his which was good. When we got back to my house to drop me home, my mother was just coming home and he waited and said hello to her. He then said she was lovely. I could tell he wanted to kiss as he sort of just kept looking at me, I said something and then we kissed. Honestly was quite slow and passionate. He asked if I would like to see him again and said yes. He has offered breakfast and study dates before previously.

He told me that an ex-girlfriend he had years ago was quite toxic and they argued a lot, I asked him in what way and he told me that they had different opinions on aborting a certain child for specific issues, I told him that I agreed with his point and that was good.

He dropped me home and did not indicate anything about going back to his which was good. He asked if I would like to do this again and I said yes. When we got back to my house to drop me home, my mother was just coming home and he waited and said hello to her. He then said she was lovely. I could tell he wanted to kiss as he sort of just kept looking at me, I said something and then we kissed. He messaged me a few hours later thanking me, kept in on and off-contact for the week, he told me he was tired but good. He asked about my plans for the weekend and I did the same, he is very busy and works in the medical field. He hasn't mentioned anything about catching up again. Our date was last Sunday.

Good signs? It does finally feel great to be with someone that you just feel you could be compatible with and see them as a long term partner, irrespective of how things pan out. Things also feel easy and relaxed.

**TL;DR** nothing indicates that he doesn't want a relationship. The only concern is that we still communicate via Instagram DM (perhaps out of habit).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 906 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 04:57 am
He sounds lovely.

Take the initiative at times. I bet he would love it if you were to kiss him rather than waiting for him to make the move. Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 05:59 am
@dustrycloud,
It sounds to me like you both had a wonderful first date. It does sound on the surface positive towards something more. Beyond that it is anyone's guess.

Just enjoy it and see how it plays out.
0 Replies

ella-mei

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2021 06:32 am
@dustrycloud,
This lockdown is restricting me finding a date. I'm tempted to try out sites other than social media. I just don't feel it is safe. Reading your story gave me hope. I know it's kind of crazy and weird, it's just that when you have someone to talk to that makes you smile and laugh, feels like this lockdown is easy. You know what I mean.... Smile
0 Replies