Tornado Warning

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 12:22 pm
Anne Arundel County is under a tornado warning, moving fast and heading toward Annapolis/Parole. Everyone in it's path is urged to take shelter now, stay away from windows.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 12:25 pm
Another tornado is being tracked heading toward Baltimore, Tornado warning until 7 PM. EST.

This is due to the remnants of hurricane.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 12:26 pm
Oh dear, take care.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 12:51 pm
@izzythepush,
Its past us right now, the weather channel showed film of the tornado passing northward about 3 miles from us. Look like we can relax. Phew
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 12:53 pm
@glitterbag,
Good,those things look pretty nasty.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 01:06 pm
@glitterbag,
One of the Baltimore TV stations is showing videos of the close areas.....quite a mess but so far no loss of life.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 01:13 pm
@glitterbag,
Fingers crossed, stuff can always be replaced.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 01:32 pm
I'm glad to know you are safe.
Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 01:35 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Its past us right now, the weather channel showed film of the tornado passing northward about 3 miles from us. Look like we can relax. Phew

Wow scary! Thank goodness you all are good!

I was just in the Chicago suburbs last week. While there they had some severe thunderstorms almost each night. Come to find out there was a tornado warning at least within an hour of us (found out from my daughter's roommate as her family lives in the area). We (my daughter and me) might very likely been driving when there could have been a tornado - scary to think we could have been right in the thick of it. The rain was bad - we pulled over into a parking lot - by the time it stopped down pouring (no more than 15 minutes) the lower part of the parking lot was flooded to the point a car parked there was up to water to the lower part of their door.

Crazy weather!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 01:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks Edgar,
Mame

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 02:04 pm
@glitterbag,
Glad you're alright, GB. This weather, globally, is crazy. Every day you read about flash floods, drownings, hurricanes, fires, scorched earth, droughts...
glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 02:14 pm
@Mame,
Heavy rains followed the tornado, there is some compelling footage of the storm on a site called Friends of Annapolis....just posted around 4 PM EST. Its a mess, but not a complete devastation mess. I have been hearing emergency vehicles since around 2:30 PM EST.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:04 pm
@glitterbag,

glad the tornado passed you by.

we are getting Ida rain as well, heavy stuff over night...

https://iili.io/RjKDgf.jpg
glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:37 pm
@Region Philbis,
In the early morning hours I was still awake because of a headache. When the thunder and lightening started around 2:30 AM EST I realized why the headache, these storms trigger headaches when the barometric pressure drops. There is another cell (less serious) moving up and is just about passed over. We are getting all the rain that California needs.
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:46 pm
@glitterbag,
tornado warning now till 10 pm. lost power , Generac kicked on around 4.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:47 pm
@farmerman,
Yikes, ours is still in effect until 6 PM EST, are you at the farm?
Mame

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:48 pm
@glitterbag,
That's interesting about your headache being triggered by the drop in barometric pressure. We have chinooks here which cause some people headaches, too.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Parts of Annapolis are without power and they are also dealing with some natural gas leaks. A lot of debris has to be moved before the gas leaks are plugged. Ive seen some drone footage of the damaged areas, the tornado takes a ragged path thru tree and homes.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:53 pm
@Mame,
I hate to sound stupid, but isn't a Chinook a helicopter?
roger

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 04:09 pm
@glitterbag,
Yeah, but it takes its name from the wind.

Pretty big whirlyflopter, too.
0 Replies