Why does she think she knows everything?

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 11:43 am
For a few weeks now my 5 month old granddaughter has had a little rash on her bottom. We've been putting Desitin on it but not much improvement. She uses Huggies brand diapers. Last night my daughter called me to say that she's in a mommy group and one of the other mommies said that her child use to use Huggies and also had a rash on her bottom and she discovered that there's some sort of chemical in those diapers in reacts to babies skin that causes irritation and rashes. I told her to stop using those diapers and to switch her to Pampers brand. When I told my wife about it I mentioned to my daughter that I had some antibiotic cream she could use to help heal her bottom. My wife said not to use the cream but to just put some Vaseline on it. I told her that Vaseline has little to no healing properties and all it would do was put a barrier between her skin and the diaper. Of course my wife thinks she knows everything and said not to put the ointment on her and to just use the Vaseline. She wants me to think that I'm just trying to over rule her but in this instance I think I should. Who's right here? Are there healing properties in Vaseline or is it just a protective barrier and what's wrong with putting some antibiotic ointment on a baby's bottom to help clear up a rash? She feels that when you don't take her advice you're saying that she's completely wrong and no one should ever listen to her. Yeah, she tends to go way overboard on certain things. I've done some research and found that Huggies brand diapers have been notoriously known to cause rashes and irritations on baby's bottoms. There has even been a class action lawsuit filed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,353 • Replies: 7

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 01:27 pm
@Barry2021,
You guys are a train wreck.

This baby needs to see a doctor - not two idiots fighting.

Five WEEKS with no improvement? WTF?
jespah

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:25 pm
@Barry2021,
Dude, who cares who's right?

This stuff has gone on for far too long, and a medical issue is being neglected. Get the baby to a doctor to get this cleared up, because right now it's looking an awful lot like you two would rather have a pissing contest than care for this child properly.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:41 pm
You need to get a friend to tell these things to because they're very small issues to most of us. Why do you guys even stay together?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 06:37 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

You guys are a train wreck.

This baby needs to see a doctor - not two idiots fighting.

Five WEEKS with no improvement? WTF?

Exactly - I would not put anything on a baby especially like antibacterial ointment that has various chemicals in it without speaking with a doctor. A baby has very delicate skin and you should not use anything medicine or other things on their skin without first speaking with a doctor -

And yes if a baby has a rash that last a good amount of time why the heck would you not call a doctor?

0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 07:05 am
@neptuneblue,
Where did I say the baby had a rash for 5 weeks?
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 07:36 am
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:
For a few weeks now...

In common language, this means 4-5 WEEKS.

Have you gotten the baby medical treatment yet or have you and your wife made another federal production over something the mother should have taken care of weeks ago?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 08:44 am
@Barry2021,
On August 18th, you said "a few weeks". It's 9 days (over 1 week) since then. A few is getting longer, don't you think?
0 Replies