Time to put up or shut up; Upd: Coverup Continues

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:51 am
More disgusting pictures serves no other purpose but expediting the pet issues of terrorists and Democrats.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 08:59 am
Man, you Righties piss me off with your bullsh*t responses.

Why don't you come right out and call anyone who wants to know the truth a traitor? Do it, you're hinting at it.

The fact is that this is just another Bush and DoD coverup. Some seriously bad sh*t is going down in our name, and you just don't want to know about it. That's not okay with me.

Look at the lengths your leaders will go to on this; threatening to veto a DEFENSE BILL. This would directly affect our ability to wage war, and yet they will block it, in order to keep AG secret.

Reuters

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Thursday threatened to veto a massive Senate bill for $442 billion in next year's defense programs if it moves to regulate the Pentagon's treatment of detainees or sets up a commission to investigate operations at Guantanamo Bay prison and elsewhere.

The Bush administration, under fire for the indefinite detention of enemy combatants at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba and questions over whether its policies led to horrendous abuses at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, put lawmakers on notice it did not want them legislating on the matter. [...]

"If legislation is presented that would restrict the president's authority to protect Americans effectively from terrorist attack and bring terrorists to justice," the bill could be vetoed, the statement said.

Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, who endured torture as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, said after meeting at the Capitol with Vice President Dick Cheney that he still intended to offer amendments next week "on the standard of treatment of prisoners."

South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who was working on legislation defining the legal status of enemy combatants being held in Guantanamo, also said he would offer an amendment.

It's going to divide your own party. This is a big issue.

Don't forget that the court has ordered them to turn these pics over; they will do it, eventually, or stand in open defiance of US law; in which case it's time to break out the torches and nooses and march to Washington...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 11:24 am
The Republican party knows that a war prosecuted by Congress, or ruled by politics, will fail miserably (see VietNam).

The facts will be and should be known. The pictures are unnecessary and only seek to enflame, which of course, only pleases terrorists and Democrats.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 11:53 am
It doesn't 'please' anyone. It's the truth. It's sickening. A literal description of what is in the pictures and videos is sickening enough. I suppose you want that quashed as well?

Why is it okay to describe a picture, but not show it? Because the content is so shocking that a whole bunch of defenders of this Admin would recoil in horror at what they've been defending....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:02 pm
Reps suffer from mental NYMBYism , they want the war , but they want pictures of puppies and kittens in the front page of their newspaper.
They want to wage war, yet they are afraid of facing the consequences of this war.
In other words they are a bunch of pussies.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:30 pm
astromouse wrote:
Reps suffer from mental NYMBYism , they want the war , but they want pictures of puppies and kittens in the front page of their newspaper.

Pretty much. Nicely put. Buncha hypocrites.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:37 pm
I can find no glory in pictures of torture or dead people.

I don't understand why others do.

It only seeks to cause more terrorism and make political points for Democrats, which is weird. It's their country at war too, I think. Isn't it their army as well? Yet, they crave the pictures.

The investigation should be good enough. The pictures can be shown to those involved in the investigation.

Using them for political purposes, and that is undeniably what his is for, is cheap and reckless.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:58 pm
nimh wrote:
astromouse wrote:

Pretty much. Nicely put. Buncha hypocrites.

Lash is fearful that publishing yet more pictures would create a violent backlash (remember Newsweek's erroneous reporting of the Koran-flushing) amongst our enemies who would undoubtedly use them for propaganda purposes.

You've stated your desire to see statements from men such as Van Gogh repressed because his harsh words might possibly incite violence, resentment and anger in the Muslim youth hearing those words.

Interesting, your use of the phrase "buncha hypocrites".
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 03:06 pm
Very well said, JW.

See how stealthily they slip in and out of their skins.

US/UK/Oz and other service personnel, as well as civilians, will pay the price for the political bloodlust of those clamoring for the publication of torture picures.

edited for clarification
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 03:22 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Today the London police shot and killed a suspect in the latest bombings. Did you cheer at all about it or did you feel more pity for the guy who was killed.

London police admitted shooting an innocent Brazilian.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 03:29 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Today the London police shot and killed a suspect in the latest bombings. Did you cheer at all about it or did you feel more pity for the guy who was killed.

London police admitted shooting an innocent Brazilian.

Innocent
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:35 pm
Lol, you righties are crazy!

Quote:
Lash is fearful that publishing yet more pictures would create a violent backlash (remember Newsweek's erroneous reporting of the Koran-flushing) amongst our enemies who would undoubtedly use them for propaganda purposes.

So,

what you are saying is that we can't tell the truth. We can't release pictures of what actually goes on in US prisons because if we do, it will bolster our enemies immensely.

And you are okay with this!?!?! That these things go on? You would rather hush the whole thing up?

un-f*cking believable

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:04 pm
The hysterical attempt to avoid the issue is a little shrill even for you.

You know no one has even hinted that the truth shouldn't be told.

I and others have said it SHOULD be known and told.

As we learned with he first batch of pictures, images are used as propaganda by terrorists to inflame people into commiting MORE acts of terrorism.

Why would you support terrorism against our military and citizens all over the world?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:16 pm
I don't support terrorism.

How can you possibly say that the truth SHOULD be known and told, yet the pictures cannot be released?

The two statements are completely contradictory. You don't even seem to realize this. But the fact is that without releasing the previous batch of pictures, we wouldn't have near an idea how bad things were in there; just as I suspect we STILL don't have any idea.

These terrorists don't need anything from us to recruit. Haven't you figured that out yet? Stop being obtuse!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:21 pm
It is too idiotic to pretend that the pictures and the Koran BS didn't cause more deaths.

You know it.

Therefore, you invite the result.

Stop being dishonest and bloodthirsty.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:52 pm
Bloodthirsty?

You really seem to believe that terrorist recruitment hinges on our press and media actions.

Let me give you a little hint - it doesn't.

Therefore your excuse is weak in the extreme. I don't suppose the fact that it will do political damage to your prez. has anything to do with your reluctance? Nah.

Party, Country, World; the Republican way

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:08 pm
You deny that pictures of Gitmo torture and the story about a wetted Koran caused violence and death?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 01:17 am
And you think, torture etc could happen if not published?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:45 am
I don't think more pictures of the abuses are going to cause more deaths. It just augment the same anti trust of the administration that is out there and that is what the Bush administration does not need at a point when they are already as low as any president in history.

As for the rest of the world, it would not come as too much of a suprise even if the pictures showed soldiers standing over a two year old with a gun.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:57 am
Americans responsible for the prisoners at Abu Ghraib have been sodomizing children.

I suppose, in the name of freedom and democracy.

This is all the Democratic Party's fault, according to Lash.
0 Replies