Hearing LOSS.. Tapping sound

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:12 am
This all started this morning but I have been experiencing a weird and annoying tapping sound in my ear.... It sounds like someone is tapping or popping my ear drum... It is giving me a bad headache and my jaw hurts a little whenever it happens.... also I am a little dizzy when it happens...... When it begins tapping I can't hear out of the ear....

Should I worry about this or do you think it could be a spasm??? Half my face feels tight.

Thanks a bunch guys!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,498 • Replies: 17
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:38 am
Sounds like it could be an ear infection.

Since ear things distress me, I'd be heading off to the walk-in clinic right away.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:43 am
Well If I do go to the docs... it will have to be tomorrow unless they have some late night appts... (like 5).. but I was there on Monday for something else (completely different thing)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:09 pm
Infection--particularly infection near the brain--should not be relegated to the back burner.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:45 pm
Did you go to any loud concerts lately? Any other exposure to loud noises?

Agree that it's a good idea to be seen by a doc.
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 01:29 am
Yeh same!!! But I dont think that it is an emergency unless is starts to cause you ALOT of pain!!!! go whenever the bookings are free and its good for you
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:03 am
Quit stalling, go see a doctor. It's probably just otitis media (middle ear infection) , but you should go see a doctor or audiologist anyway, because OM can sometimes cause permanent hearing loss. Very Happy i say that despite not having ever gone to a doctor about my continual bouts of OM Very Happy.

Strange, strange symptoms. It sounds somewhere between otitis media and tinnitis, lol. with something else thrown in for good measure. I pop my ears all the time as a result of increased middle ear pressure, and think that's pretty typical of OM.

Don't stall it by asking question from random internet strangers. See a doctor. None of us know anything about medicine, and your symptoms seem to be very atypical of otitis media . YOur problem might even be neurological, and could suggest a larger problem. Personally, I'd be more worried about a muscle spasm than lasted for hours than a little OM.

N>B> Edited because of usual dyslexia lol
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:27 am
Get it sorted, and quick!!

Damage to the ear can lead to 'tinnitus', the exact opposite to deafness. A loud, high-pitched noise for the rest of your life.

Take it from me. You DON'T want it!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:30 am
Well I have yet to go to the doctors because it stopped a little after I left work.... but then It started again today..... this sucks!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:59 am
Does that mean it's only happening at work?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 07:31 am
I know I always go on about this but Im lactose intolerent (are you really MG, Ive never heard you constantly waffle on about that before)
Some of the symptoms you mentioned,dizziness, deafness,tapping (tho mine is more like a clicking)and headaches are all in keeping with being lactose intolerent.

Just thought Id mention it, but I think the other guys are right.It sounds like an ear infection which is effecting your balance.Go see a doctor.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:26 am
Now I just have the tapping... yes it is like a clicking MG.... but I don't drink milk and I steer clear of most dairy products because I have always been sensitive towards them.

But it is driving me insane and it is just clicking away and gettin louder then softer.... but it doesn't hurt... it is just annoying and I can't miss work to go to the docs... and by the time I get out of work the docs. are closed
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:23 am
Ok well I gave in and called my doctor.... they have an appt/ for 2:15 but now I have to ask my boss if I can leave
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:30 am
If I were you, I'd tell my boss not ask my boss, but that's just me. Smile

Something very straightforward like..."I've been having this inner ear problem that does not appear to be getting any better. The only time my doctor can see me is 2:15 today, so I will be leaving at (whatever time) to get it evaluated. If time permits, I'll be back after my appointment."

Then, little missy, you better report back to us too!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 05:40 am
The doc. said it is my sinuses..... The tube under my eye is filled with fluid.... no ear infection!!! So I have to take clarinex and afrin...

I've haven't taken the clarinex yet cuz the afrin alone has made it better!!

Thanks guys!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
Take both meds, izzie. One is for the cause, the other for the symptoms. You need to deal with both.

Glad you went and got this looked at.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:03 am
I am scared to take the pill..... everytime the doc. gives me a pill I get really sick
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:49 am
The Clarinex is to deal with the underlying sinusitis - that you need to deal with. If necessary, break the tablet in half.

Just covering the symptoms won't work in the long run.
0 Replies