Chap Lips....NEED HELP!CHAPSTICK DOESNT WORK :(

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:52 am
hey all!. so for the past week my lips have been VERY chapted. In the past my lips have gotten chapted but chapstick would always cure it. When I put the chapstick on my lips it would be fine but afterwards when it would come off my lips would still be chap and dry and it would hurt really bad when i smile. ive never had this happen. ive tried 3 different chap sticks and i even put vaseline and that wouldnt cure it. im afraid my lips wont go back to normal. someone help me ppleasee!!got any ideas??i need answers!!

- brooke Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,969 • Replies: 17
No top replies

puffthemajicdragonallday

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:55 am
try tabasco sauce
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:10 am
Have you tried slathering the Vaseline on REALLY heavy before going to sleep?

Then it'll have plenty of time to work.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:21 am
I use vaseline at night too.It works.I got luuuurvley lips.
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:04 pm
kk thanks
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:15 pm
Chapped lips are often a sign of dehydration. Putting Chapstick on top doesn't deal with the cause - but covers it up.

Fluids fluids fluids.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:16 pm
I agree with ehbeth and you can also use a light coating of olive oil before you go to sleep.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:52 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Chapped lips are often a sign of dehydration. Putting Chapstick on top doesn't deal with the cause - but covers it up.

Fluids fluids fluids.

Hmmm.......................I have been having a hell of a time with chapped lips recently. It is so bad that the red Chap Stick burns the hell out of my lips. I thought that it might be because I was working on cleaning out my mother's old place, which is dusty, and I might be mouth breathing on account of allergies.

Maybe the real reason is that I have been taking my long walks in 90+ temperature, and forgetting to take my canteen along most of the time.
I am going to try to drink a lot more, as well as putting a string around my finger, so I don't forget to take water with me on my walks Thanks, ehBeth!
0 Replies

AllThisBeauty

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:07 pm
Dehydration or medication side-effects can cause perpetually dry lips. I suffer from it too. It's a bitch.

There are web sites devoted to the theory that lip balms are psychologically and/or physically addictive--and that the manufacturers know this. Google "lip balm addiction" and see what's out there.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:29 pm
The vaseline idea is a good one or try a little coating of olive oil. Don't laugh this works wonders and is also quite helpful in winter for handling the drying scalp. Just apply to your lips and let it soak in, apply another coating and then head off to slumberland. In the morning apply another coating before you have your morning vittles and as before let it soak in for a few minutes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:38 pm
Are you drinking 64 ozs of water a day? Seems like a lot, and I don't usually come close to drinking that much, but it sounds like you need to be drinking more of it. And, no coke, sweet juice, milk, coffee, beer, etc don't really count.
0 Replies

AllThisBeauty

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:43 pm
Don't know about the 64 ozs a day... Isn't the jury still out on whether so much fluid is needed or beneficial?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:47 pm
The last study I read said that you didn't necessarily need quite that much and that pretty much all beverages add equally to the total - as do fruits.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:52 pm
The water pushers are right on the money! My lips always get drier whenever I forget to drink enough water. Another thing I can mention is a product called Bag Balm. It's a slightly medicated balm that does wonders for dry, chapped lips, hands, cheeks, feet. I swear by the stuff. You might have to look around for it a bit. I don't know how mainstream it is, but any decent farm supply store should carry it. It comes in cute little 1 ounce tins that you can toss in your purse and also comes in a larger 10 ounce tin that you can leave at home. I doubt the 5 pound tub will be necessary! Smile
0 Replies

AllThisBeauty

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:58 pm
Thanks, ehBeth. Thought so.

And contrary to what we've been taught about the "dehydrating" effects of alcohol and caffeinated beverages, I've read that although they don't hydrate as well as -- say -- water, your net body fluid after a beer will be higher than before the beer. (You see...there is a god.)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:11 pm
Here ya go...

http://logo.cafepress.com/1/142414.539401.jpg
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:46 pm
I used to suffer from the chapped lips and ehBeth is quite correct about hydration. In the winter months I also use Burt's Bees lip balm. It's the only one I've found to really be effctive.
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:17 pm
yeah alot of my friends have burts bee wax lip balm. i should give it a try. thank you all for all your help.
0 Replies