The Military Budget

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 06:28 pm
The Biden-Harris Administration today submitted to Congress the President’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Budget request of $752.9 billion for national defense, $715 billion of which is for the Department of Defense (DOD). The FY 2022 Defense Budget submission reflects President Biden’s priorities to end the “forever wars,” invest in cutting-edge capabilities for our military and national security advantage in the future, and revitalize America’s unmatched network of alliances and partnerships.
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2638711/the-department-of-defense-releases-the-presidents-fiscal-year-2022-defense-budg/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,242 • Replies: 49
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 06:31 pm
That's 25 billion more. Next year I expect them to just hand over all of our money and beg for an allowance every month for Social Security and other necessities.
roger

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 07:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good idea, I'm sure I don't know where they're getting all the money they are giving away.
Mame

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 12:23 pm
@roger,
It seems that every country is in debt to one country or another or several. It boggles the mind, mine not being a financial one.
roger

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 02:16 pm
@Mame,
I don't even pretend to understand our federal reserve banking system.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 02:18 pm
Bernie Sanders: “We’re troubled that no one in the [Pentagon] sought the required legal authorization from Congress for Tuesday’s drone strike in Somalia especially with no American forces at risk—and apparently, did not even check with our commander-in-chief.”
snood

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 02:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Source?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 03:17 pm
@snood,
Bernie put it out on Facebook.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 03:22 pm
https://truthout.org/articles/biden-admins-drone-strike-in-somalia-draws-fire-from-sanders-lee-and-murphy/
snood

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 03:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks. That’s worrisome. Especially the part where the Pentagon is trying to use some convoluted loophole of “collective self defense” to rationalize not getting clearance from the White House.

I’m real interested to see what Psaki or Biden come up with as an answer to this. Or if they respond to it at all.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 03:45 pm
@snood,
It's the kind of thinking that destabilized the middle east when Bush was president. I've seen Tweets about all the oil in that place. Which reminds me that Trump seized oil wells in Syria and I haven't seen where Biden gave them back.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:17 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Trump seized oil wells in Syria

Cite?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:19 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Bernie Sanders: "We're troubled that no one in the [Pentagon] sought the required legal authorization from Congress for Tuesday's drone strike in Somalia especially with no American forces at risk--and apparently, did not even check with our commander-in-chief."

That might be a leftover policy from the Trump Administration.

Mr. Trump told the military to just dronestrike whoever they wanted to without bothering him with the details.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:20 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
President Biden's priorities to end the "forever wars"

Does this mean that the coward is going to abandon South Korea as well?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 06:09 am
I would feel better about the forever wars if they would put a uniform on people like oralloy and send them to do the fighting.
snood

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 06:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I would feel better about the forever wars if they would put a uniform on people like oralloy and send them to do the fighting.

That would almost be an unfair advantage, unleashing a courageous, firearms-expert, warrior like him on our enemies.

Hey, it might bring conflicts to a quick end though - because, you know, he’d be so fierce and kill so many.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 06:58 am
@snood,
Some are born for greatness.
snood

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:06 am
@edgarblythe,
Epic tomes and songs will be written of the warrior Oralloy.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:09 am
@snood,
Not so much The Ride Of The Valkyrie as The Shite Of The Bumblebee.
snood

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:12 am
@izzythepush,
You are a wordsmith, sir.😀
0 Replies