Is my bf falling in love with me?

Smday10

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 09:05 pm
We’ve only been dating for about 6 weeks but we’ve known each other for almost 25 years. Last night he asked me to grab something for him from the kitchen and called me “love”, he’s never done this before and I was wondering if love was on his mind and that’s why he said it, or maybe he’s just feeling me out to see how I’d react? I’m interested in your opinions as I know my bf cares for me but he doesn’t talk about his feelings much at all. Thank you.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 12:38 am
@Smday10,
Don't get too anxious.......adding 'love' after 'grab the faucet love' is just a verbal habit people use when they are with friends. Well, I wouldn't be adding things to my Hope Chest just yet.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 12:00 pm
You said “ he doesn’t talk about his feelings much.”

That’s a red flag.

After 6 weeks , you should know where you stand with him .

As it is, adding “love”at the end of a request really isn’t much.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 12:24 pm
@Smday10,
It is a new relationship. This is a fun time when both of you are getting used to this change. Sit back and enjoy it.

Referring to you as "love" is something small... but it is a small way he is expressing his feelings for you. If you like it, then make sure you encourage him. You could tell him directly as in "I like it when you call me 'love'). Positive communication is always good in a relationship.

0 Replies

praveensoni

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2021 10:01 am
@Smday10,
I am pretty sure! If you are dating with each other and your bf calls you "love", then definitely he has feelings for you!
0 Replies