Is it ok for my girlfriend to physically hurt me after catching me lying?

Sammul

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 02:56 pm
Is it ok to get physically hurt by my girlfriend if I lied to her?

First, I would like to clear it up that I’m a woman myself, as I uploaded this question somewhere else and a manhating woman starting bashing me and told me I deserve it since I’m a man ummm ok lol. So, my girlfriend is a recovering alcoholic and she has been pretty abusive with me whenever she gets drunk, I on the other hand have never had any problems with alcohol, just smoke weed but I have never been physical with her and that’s about it. We both planned on helping each other out with our problems. There were several occasions where I trusted her and let her drink just for her to hurt me physically again. Recently she found out that I made the biggest mistake of lying to her by doing weed for three months and I lied to her that I was sober. I know this was the biggest mistake I made but it’s not something that can’t be fixed. I’m not abusive to her, I don’t hit her. Weed is something that doesn’t make me into a monster like how alcohol does. I kept apologizing to her and told her that it’s not something I depend on. It’s just recreational or whatever. She took that excuse as to drink because she got hurt about it and she did what she always does. She beat me up bad and she also tried to beat my six year old dog that has done nothing to her. I already know where I was wrong and I apologized and owned up to my mistake and I can work on it. But was her behavior right? Why did she choose to drink when she knows how it always end up in me getting bruised up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 501 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 02:58 pm
@Sammul,
Sammul wrote:

No. You don't need to clarify the situation, it is not ok. Please get yourself out of that situation and into a safe place.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 03:03 pm
@Sammul,
Sammul wrote:

First, I would like to clear it up that I’m a woman myself, as I uploaded this question somewhere else and a manhating woman starting bashing me and told me I deserve it since I’m a man ummm ok lol. So, my girlfriend is a recovering alcoholic and she has been pretty abusive with me whenever she gets drunk, I on the other hand have never had any problems with alcohol, just smoke weed but I have never been physical with her and that’s about it. We both planned on helping each other out with our problems. There were several occasions where I trusted her and let her drink just for her to hurt me physically again. Recently she found out that I made the biggest mistake of lying to her by doing weed for three months and I lied to her that I was sober. I know this was the biggest mistake I made but it’s not something that can’t be fixed. I’m not abusive to her, I don’t hit her. Weed is something that doesn’t make me into a monster like how alcohol does. I kept apologizing to her and told her that it’s not something I depend on. It’s just recreational or whatever. She took that excuse as to drink because she got hurt about it and she did what she always does. She beat me up bad and she also tried to beat my six year old dog that has done nothing to her. I already know where I was wrong and I apologized and owned up to my mistake and I can work on it. But was her behavior right? Why did she choose to drink when she knows how it always end up in me getting bruised up?

You have absolutely no idea of where you were wrong.

If you did, you would be out of this relationship already.

Good luck with discovering where you are wrong...and do it before you pay any more physical price.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 03:18 pm
@Sammul,
How would it ever be okay?

How would it ever be okay for her to beat your dog, FFS?

One of these days, the injuries will be permanent. Want to lose an eye? Don't say it could never, ever happen. You've got a mean, abusive drunk on your hands, who chases every opportunity to drink - and then that's her cover for smacking you around.

Please get out, and take your dog with you.

Neither of you deserve this - no matter what you did or didn't do.
0 Replies