Are They Handling Your Money Above Board?

snood

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 06:32 pm
Admittedly, this is just an editorial - I haven't yet tried to hunt down corroborative stories. But I ask you, if there is truth to this, what does this say about those handling the purse strings in Washington? They have a precise 74.7 billion figure they are asking for five days into the conflict, after hemming and hawwing about how unknowable the cost of the war would be. They've evidently tacked on bills to pay for other things like help to the "coalition of the willing". This is in addition to the amount asked for in the budget, as I understand it - there are no proposals extant to pay for this 75 billion, and so it will add to the already scary deficit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21766-2003Mar24.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 797 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 01:26 pm
Hmm, could political expediency during a war be at the root of this maneuvering by the Administration? Shocked

It certainly looks like it. Thanks for sharing this, Snood.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 02:36 pm
Never trusted this administration from the get-go. I'll bet you dollars to donuts, things get a lot worse. c.i.
0 Replies