Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 06:45 am
Hi there!
Thank you in advance.

I was dating this guy for 5 months. He was introduced to me through mutual friends. He is a shy guy and thought he was different from my type. He was nice to talk and somehow problems started due to his hot and cold behaviours. He would only text me at night and it will be very formal. Then he started only reaching out once in two weeks time. I have told him multiple times that I wanted more. He never initiated any meeting. Instead I did initiate some meetings and even asked if he is confused about the relationship. He would then instantly say that he is not confused and he is just busy at work. But his behaviour never changed and during our conversations. he had mentioned that his mother was not friendly with him in his childhood. He would only call me once in two weeks time and only one random message in between. He will have all lame excuses such as he had work, presentation, etc. He is also not open and I fear that there might be some secrets with him due to the way he portrays me. Although he used to say that he has works, he will also find time for his best friend (guy). I suspect that both of them are co-dependent. They went to same school, same college, and now same work (their own business) and even his best friend's girl admitted that their friendship is their foremost priority in life. I am not a jealous person but eventually I found his behavior to be some sort of bread crumping. Things never got better. It was always his friend and work that he prioritized and he had difficulties in expressing any sort of emotion. I felt like my soul was drained as I somehow found a connection with him. Then later, I decided to walk away. Earlier, when I asked for break-ups due to his behaviours, he would say that we can work it but then he wouldn't do anything to improve the situation. I got tired and we broke up finally. We are in no contact for five months. He never texted back. What should I do? I know I did the right thing, but it is like I am suffering from depression. haven't been able to sleep lately and it seems like an unfinished business in my life. How do I get over this? Should I reach him? Is it something that I could have done differently? I am just curious and I am so much in pain now. Thank you so much Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 650 • Replies: 4
No top replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 07:05 am
@Menaka Menu,
I'm sorry you're in pain. But I'm not sure exactly why though. This guy made you unhappy and you broke it off with him. Why are you second guessing yourself?
Menaka Menu

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 08:42 am
@neptuneblue,
Thank you for the reply.
I am now in process of dealing with the break-up. It has been so up and down!
Will try my best to recover soon.
chai2

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 11:11 am
@Menaka Menu,
Yeah. Being at work and actively working is a very lame excuse.
0 Replies

daryan12s

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 05:58 am
@Menaka Menu,
You did everything right! I’m sure you’re a great girl and don’t deserve to be treated. Remember one thing: he is not the first or the last guy in your life. After a while, you will remember your relationship and think, "God, why did I suffer so much? I was stupid." Develop yourself, go on dates with other guys, find a hobby that will distract you from depression. Good luck to you!
0 Replies