Two Groups To Be Resurrected

nycdad

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 12:01 am
John 5:28-29

28 Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

You say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,099 • Replies: 24

Mame

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 06:02 pm
@nycdad,
I say hogwash, nonsense, balderdash and poopity-head.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 06:07 pm
@nycdad,
This is one of the glaring contradictions in the Bible.

This passage clearly says that your deeds will determine whether you are "condemned" or not. This is one of the passages of salvation by works.

Other passages say the only thing that matters is faith in Jesus.
nycdad

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 08:46 pm
@Mame,
I would rather believe in Jesus than believe in nothing.
nycdad

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 08:57 pm
@maxdancona,
If the Bible is just a book of stories, then the grave is the last stop for all of us. However, I just feel that we somehow survive physical death. Death is the separation of the body and spirit.

If this is all there is, life has no meaning, sir. We do we come from? Where do we go? We just came into existence from nothing, from air? A BIG BANG created the complexities that is the human body, space, rivers, the ocean, ocean life, birds, etc. I find the BIG BANG theory harder to swallow than creationism.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 09:40 pm
@nycdad,
The Bible isn't the only game in town. It could be that the Bible is just a book of stories but the Bhagdavita is the true meaning of life. There are lots of religions and philosophies that all claim to provide the one true meaning of life.

Or it could be that we all just have to find meaning for ourselves.

The problem with modern Christianity is that it is so shallow. People argue about things that don't matter at all, and very few people even pay attention to what Jesus actually said about helping the poor, peace making or loving their neighbors.

It is easier to argue over the rapture than it is to love people who are different than you are.

If your meaning of life involves flying up in the air to meet someone who died 2000 years ago... you might me missing something.
nycdad

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 02:24 am
@maxdancona,
1. You are right. The Bible is not the only book claiming life after death. All religions claim an afterlife but no one knows for sure. Pick whatever makes you happy. Jesus said He is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIFE. Also, the Bible has proven itself through ages. Many of the prophecies predicted thousands of years ago have already taken place. What makes you think the remaining events will not happen?

2. Christianity is not a religion. It is, rather, a personal relationship with God. Of course, fake preachers and gospel of prosperity tv evangelism is a joke in poor taste and not the true gospel. The church today is scandalous, a joke, and spurious.

3. Jesus taught love. He said to love your neighbor as you love yourself. All this is true. Did you know that the same Jesus taught more about Hell than Heaven? I can quote Scripture if you want me to.

4. What do we do about those passages? Jesus who is love and the truth and the way to the Father will justly judge this world in the future. He will separate two groups of people: those who are saved and those who are not. Did you not read John 5:28-29? I quoted that verse here as the main thread of discussion.

5. Love your neighbor as yourself does not mean to open the floodgates into America without legality. Democrats love using certain passages of Scripture to promote their illegal immigration ideas. What does Jesus have to do with breaking immigration laws set forth to protect LEGAL CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF WHICH I AM ONE. I am also prior Navy and a patriot.

6. The apostle Paul called the rapture THE BLESSED HOPE. WHY? Think about it. The rapture of believers is basically going to Heaven without having to physically die. If you don't find this plan of God exciting, then you clearly do not know the God of Scripture.

7. You are right. Jesus was crucified over 2,000 years ago but He is very much alive today as He was then. Where is Jesus? According to the Bible, Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God waiting for the Father to say SON, GO PICK UP YOUR BRIDE. Who is the bride of Christ? Jesus is the groom. The church is His bride. The rapture of the church is the unification of the groom and the bride.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 05:17 am
@nycdad,
I don't think you are a biblical Christian. I think you got into a church group. Instead of reading the Bible, you read a few books that told you what the Bible says.

I have read the Bible. In the Bible,

1) Jesus got into to trouble because He broke the law to help people. That was the reason that he was Crucified.

2) Jesus was not patriotic, and Jesus was not an American.

3) Jesus made it very clear that you should help the stranger, and the poor and the outcast, and He himself hang out with "tax collectors", and sinners.

I would have liked the biblical Jesus. I don't think you would have liked him at all.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 05:22 am
@maxdancona,
I have homework for you... stop coming around being self-righteous and read the Bible. Forget your patriotism (it is meaningless). Forget your Navy service (it isn't in the Bible). Forget whatever your church friends are telling you. And just read the Bible.

Start with Matthew. In that you will read about a Jesus who was not a citizen. He hung out with riff raff.

And read what he said. People were upset with Jesus for breaking the law and He didn't care. He talked about giving away your money to everyone who asked. He talked about loving your neighbor. He talked about not resisting evil and loving your enemied.

As you read the gospel, look at how much what it says goes against what you believe. That is the point, if it doesn't, than the Bible isn't having any impact in your life.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 06:20 am
@nycdad,
Frankly, How you believe is irrelevant to the grand scheme of things. Thumping the Bible doesn’t prove or disprove anything. You’re statements are not facts and not convincing anyone of anything. To most of us you’re just whistling in the wind. Wonder if you would do more good doing this in person at a religious event of some sort. You certainly aren’t doing much worthwhile here.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 06:23 am
@Ragman,
An important correction...

He is not something the Bible. He is something an American version of the Christian religion that is often in conflict with the Jesus in the Bible.

I don't think the Bible is to blame here.
Ragman

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 06:30 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I don't think the Bible is to blame here.

I’m not holding the Bible to blame. I’m holding his thumping to blame. I view the Bible as a man-made comic book meant to keep people inline.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 06:39 am
@Ragman,
In my opinion there are a lot of good things in the Bible. The story of Jesus the son of God living a humble life helping people, hanging out with tax collectors and sinners, and getting in trouble by standing up to religious hypocrisy is a story that I really like.

There is a subversive side to Jesus. When they told him he had to follow the law he specifically waited until helping someone would break the law and then proceeded to do just that in front of the religious hypocrites. I think I would get along with the biblical Jesus just fine.

What NYC dad is selling isn't the Bible.
Ragman

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 06:54 am
@maxdancona,
Nowhere did I say the Bible has nothing good in it. My problem is evangelists and/or people who are spreading disinformation and beating the drum for their imaginary friend.
Mame

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 12:12 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Nowhere did I say the Bible has nothing good in it. My problem is evangelists and/or people who are spreading disinformation and beating the drum for their imaginary friend.

Ditto.
0 Replies

nycdad

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 05:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Read Matthew 24.

Read Matthew 25.

Read Luke 16.

Read Luke 21.

Read Mark 13.

Read and tell me what Jesus you see in these chapters.

Jesus is love and holy but He is also just and a judge who hates sin and cannot allow sin in His presence or in His kingdom.

Two sides to Jesus:

A. The loving Son of God who helps the helpless and takes on Himself the sins of mankind on the cross of Calvary.

B. Jesus the righteous judge who is famous for saying DEPART FROM ME, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Jesus who taught more about HELL THAN HEAVEN. Read Luke 16, if you dare. Jesus using scare tactics? No. Jesus warning about the reality of Hell in that chapter. What? You don't believe me? Read..................
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 05:35 pm
@nycdad,
You don't worship the Jesus of the Bible.

You worship American Jesus. You started with an American point of view and then you twist the Bible to fit it. The Jesus of the Bible was about love for your neighbor, about forgiveness and about humility. Jesus of the Bible loves the people you insult. You show none of those things.

Let me ask you this, would the Jesus of the Bible salute the flag, or would he welcome refugees.
nycdad

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 06:38 pm
@maxdancona,
What's your nationality?

There's only one Bible.
Did you read the chapters I suggested?
You are like the far left here in America.
They see what they want to see.
Jesus in my Bible is the same Jesus in your Bible.

What about when Jesus got very upset and threw out all those people that turned the Jewish temple into a marketplace? Jesus overturned tables and threw them all out of there. How do you think Jesus did that? Do you think Jesus GENTLY, AND SOFTLY said:

OKAY MY FRIENDS, IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO STOP BUYING AND SELLING IN THE JEWISH TEMPLE. OK? YOU ARE TOO NICE TO BE DOING THESE THINGS.

To throw people out of a place means exactly that.
Mame

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 07:05 pm
UFOs have been sighted! Where is God now? Or... IS there a God?
nycdad

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:14 am
@Mame,
You are right. I posted a thread about UFOs. Reply there about this topic. You are right but this thread is about the two future resurrections.

Here is what the apostle Paul said:

1 Corinthians 15:12-21

Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain.
Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied. But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.

0 Replies