When Black People Blackjack

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 07:01 am
It's tempting to lay blame at the feet of Trump for having coined a dreadful word that would have pleased members of John Birch Society. And it's plain that Trump's dilatory response to Covid-19 and lackadaisical efforts to work with other nations to fight Covid-19 impaired America's ability to save civilians last year. Yet I'd argue that it would be foolhardy to chide him for being the cheerleader of Asian hate or even the bĂȘte noire when it comes to talking about the root cause of it.

For starters, some Chinese Americans or Asian Americans were also attacked by black people when the BLM movement broke out last year; they even set their shops on fire or barged into their stores to purloin goods. A woman who's Chinese American was even mauled by a group of black hoods after they burst into her store, according to Chinese media. And the victim's daughter told the press that the intruders were acting like brigands. "they also harassed me, "said the girl.

Beyond that, some black people had already expressed resentment against Chinese Americans before the BLM movement. A black woman was seen scowling at an Asian-looking girl while uttering invective on a Brooklyn train

" Go back to China" the black woman blurted out, brandishing a knife
We don't even know if she was taken into custody or not later on since the biggest news outlets in America are loth to cover hate crimes against non-black people. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with political incorrectness or not.

To be fair, it would seem to me that attitudes have changed. Both conservative and liberal news outlets in America have been covering rising Asian hate crimes. Yet you still hear a dissenting opinion voiced by Newsweek, which published an article entitled Stop Blaming Black People for Asian Hate. Say what? Newsweek wants Chinese Americans not to blame black people for attacking them? So, who's to blame? Trump? He has decided to hunker down, right? When was the last time you found him gunning for far-right activism on Fox News? Sorry, Newsweek. Trump appears to have decided to lay low instead of coming out swinging; I don't even remember him making anti-Asian rhetoric as the former president.

So, who's to blame? I think you have to ask black writers like Ibram X. Kendi, Ta-Nehisi Coates, and Hannah-Jones, editor of 1619 Project, which is designed to tell readers what happened to black slaves. . Could it be black people just begrudge Asian Americans? Could it be they just want to scapegoat and lean on Asian Americans for their own failure to tackle all the social problems facing most black folk? Could it be they just want to find a sandbag and use it to let off steam?

Maybe black writers could write books about this. By the way, I wont't be buying even when such books get published since it's conceivable that black writers would hate to tell the truth when the topic has nothing to do with racial discrimination against black people. All the same, some black men and women are always saying non-black people should feel sorry for black people, owning to the fact that they have been manhandled by White America

Wait, what does it have to do with Asian Americans? Huh? A plausible answer would be Asian Americans should blame themselves for not being black.

Right, Newsweek?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 805 • Replies: 16

goldberg

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 07:57 am
It sounds strange when I find out that NPR has published an article claiming that Kamala Harris is Asian.

Asian African? I'm truly confounded by this.
hightor

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 08:19 am
@goldberg,
Quote:
...an article claiming that Kamala Harris is Asian.

Her mother was Indian. India is in Asia.
goldberg

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 08:20 am
@hightor,
I know, I know. But BLM supporters say she is black.
goldberg

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 08:50 am
@goldberg,
Trump appears to have decided to lie low
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 09:45 am
@goldberg,
She identifies as both.
goldberg

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 06:54 pm
@engineer,
I'm told that she abhors India.
goldberg

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 07:01 pm
@goldberg,
An article written by a foreign journalist claims that her "victory" blissed India out last year. India thought it was going to inveigle political favours from her.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 07:48 pm
@goldberg,
How in God's name is Trump responsible for attacks against Asians? Maybe you're responsible.
goldberg

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 07:58 pm
@Brandon9000,
That's what NPR said, not me. It claims that Trump incited violence against Asian Americans after he reprimanded China for being evasive about the origins of Covid-19.

I think that's not true. Trump has never asked his followers to attack Asian Americans or resort to violence like Maxine Waters.
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 08:09 pm
People out here in the countryside don't have to worry much about black people attacking us. And in the unlikely event that we are ever forced to defend ourselves in order to save our lives, we can just Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up.

People who live in cities might have to come up with something different in order to protect themselves. Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up may not work well in urban areas.

I'm not sure what people in cities will come up with (I don't live there so it's not my problem), but I imagine that urban people may start forming vigilante groups to eliminate people who are suspected of repeatedly committing violent crimes.

Vigilantism is far from ideal. Vigilantes often eliminate innocent people by mistake. I'm glad I don't live in any city, that's for sure.
Mame

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 08:42 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Vigilantes often eliminate innocent people by mistake.

So does the "justice" system.
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 09:28 pm
@Mame,
True. But the justice system has many more safeguards to protect against that.

Vigilantes won't be giving anyone a fair trial. I suspect the result will be much worse.

Maybe not. Maybe the vigilantes will only act against people that they catch red handed or something.

Or maybe there will be some other solution that I'm not even thinking of, and there won't be any vigilantism.

No matter how it turns out, I'll be happy to stay far clear of urban areas except for occasional (rare) trips.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 01:18 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

That's what NPR said, not me. It claims that Trump incited violence against Asian Americans after he reprimanded China for being evasive about the origins of Covid-19.

I think that's not true. Trump has never asked his followers to attack Asian Americans or resort to violence like Maxine Waters.

Correct. And, as for Covid-19, when a plane crashes, the authorities launch a full scale investigation to find the exact cause to insure that it never happens again, but with a worldwide pandemic, we don't bother?
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 05:49 am
I think only scientists know what's going on. An American scientist wrote a book expressing alarm about such threats several years ago. And Michael Crichton also wrote a novel featuring such events.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 05:56 am
A black man reportedly told an Asian American Silicon Valley councilwoman that he would go to great lengths to pillory and tradure her, according to Fox News.

0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sat 22 May, 2021 06:03 am
What a craven black guy. He could ask Al Jazeera to lampoon her. Another option would be to lash out at her on the Oprah Winfrey Show since the host happens to be a drama queen.

Hoooooo.
0 Replies