Imminent Return of Jesus

nycdad

Thu 27 May, 2021 09:00 pm
@maxdancona,
It seems that you are looking for reasons to turn your back on God.
maxdancona

Thu 27 May, 2021 09:24 pm
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

It seems that you are looking for reasons to turn your back on God.

Actually it was mutual. God was a little bossy, he acta like he knows everything and like he never wrong. Worse, he insisted on me being exclusive while he was seeing other people.

We said we would remain friends... but you know how that works.
nycdad

Fri 28 May, 2021 02:39 am
@maxdancona,
1. God knows everything.

2. We know nothing.

3. Apart from God we are nothing.

4. God knows best.

5. Humility goes a long way.
hightor

Fri 28 May, 2021 03:09 am
@nycdad,
Quote:
We know nothing.

Which is why your statement, "God knows everything", is so unbelievable — knowing "nothing" means you don't know anything and that makes all your statements meaningless.
maxdancona

Fri 28 May, 2021 05:38 am
I don't like your religion at all, NycDad. You are listening to some church or some religious group, and you have turned off your mind and stopped thinking for yourself.

I don't think you are even reading the Bible for yourself. Most of the stuff you are spitting is word for word from modern American books.

I have met Christians who I respect and admire, people who use their faith to quietly do great things. They spend their time helping immigrants, or visiting prisons or helping people in inner cities. They don't spend too much time arguing about silly things like the rapture.

Your religion is rather superficial, don't you think? Look at the topics of your posts, and tell me anything you have said that has any relevance to helping people, or even living a better life.
nycdad

Fri 28 May, 2021 04:29 pm
@hightor,
No sir. By my statement, I am showing humility. Let me be nothing and God all in all.
0 Replies

nycdad

Fri 28 May, 2021 04:43 pm
@maxdancona,
1. My religion is no religion. It is a relationship with God.

2. The best gift a Christian can give the lost is Jesus. By coming to Jesus, they can live eternally with Him in heaven. Is that bad? Good? What?

3. Jesus cares more about where we spend eternity than our situation on earth. This can biblically be proven.

4. Jesus taught more about Hell than Heaven. Look up Bible verses on the topic of Hell and the lake of fire. If Hell is not real, neither is Heaven.

5. It is heavenly love and utmost respect to tell others how they can escape the fire that does not quench.

Read your Bible, sir.

By the way, I have 3 degrees:

B.A. in Sociology
A. A. Liberal Arts & Sciences
A. A. Religious Education and Eschatology

Do I read my Bible? Yes, of course but I read it all not just my favorite Bible verses to suit my needs.
farmerman

Fri 28 May, 2021 05:04 pm
@nycdad,
each sect of christianity is built upon a series of favorite verses in the bible. Then, when that sect is gathering members nd growing, it publishes its own "Bible".(Ctholocism is mostly based on Timmy 1 and 2)

All religions (except those that dont preach "pie in the sky, bye n bye" ****) have made-up facts nd "truths" to suit their needs.

nycdad

Fri 28 May, 2021 05:10 pm
@farmerman,
Believe what you want. If there is no life after death, nothing to fear. If we somehow survive physical death and we die unsaved, there is nothing worst than standing on the wrong side of the "great gulf fixed."
farmerman

Fri 28 May, 2021 08:53 pm
@nycdad,
a disprovable postulate--funny coming from a fan of linear equations
nycdad

Sat 29 May, 2021 04:37 am
@farmerman,
Linear equations? I am a fan of mathematics in general. Get it right. You see, this proves that you know nothing about me.

Here is what Jesus said:

“But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. Therefore stay awake – for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning – lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake.” Mark 13:32-37

farmerman

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:15 am
@nycdad,
beautiful poetry, not much in the way of verifiable evidence or falsifiable entry. Sort of like the way my field had been locked on the belief in geosynclines rather than horizontal forces to explain away how mountains were built. We build on earlier error as well as earlier discovery.

Religions and belief systems substitute lots of that poetry for actual facts.
Frank Apisa

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:16 am
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2C852J6/a-christian-evangelist-urges-repentance-as-the-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-protestors-from-a-free-assange-group-pro-palestine-anti-brexit-and-a-christian-evangelist-amongst-others-gather-outside-while-us-secretary-of-state-michael-r-pompeo-is-in-downing-street-to-meet-with-prime-minister-boris-johnson-and-foreign-secretary-dominic-raab-where-they-discuss-global-priorities-including-the-covid-19-economic-recovery-plans-issues-related-to-the-peoples-republic-of-china-prc-and-hong-kong-and-the-us-uk-free-trade-agreement-negotiations-2C852J6.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jsfJBPOROxuCcg6hXc36CN7Q2sw=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/21898060/877476194.jpg.jpg
nycdad

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:19 am
@farmerman,
Poetry for you. Reality for me.
nycdad

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Like the famous lyrics state:

JESUS IS COMING SOON,
MORNING OR NIGHT OR NOON.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:24 am
@nycdad,
Your assertion that "jesus said something " is, to me , still a "SO WHAT"?
Hes another fact-free life , e make up stuff about this demigod, load him up with added -on stories of his powers , and badaboom, youve got the basis of a liturgy.

I wa raised from a Jewish heritage that turned Christian to avoid pogroms and then settled on Catholicism as a discipline laden way-of-life .
Jusaism still serves a need for a god centered philosophy, Its eschatology isnt laden with pie in the sky.
Course, it too is rife with a Bullshit basis of its history.

If youre interested in all kinds a math then you know that we create vast herds of conclusions from minimal real data, (think kriging or trend surface or even FFT)
farmerman

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:27 am
@nycdad,
Quote:
Poetry for you. Reality for me.
I suggest then, that you bwgin spwnding mor tim in the nature of "reality"
0 Replies

nycdad

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:38 am
@farmerman,
Do you think I am surprised by your attitude toward the Son of God?
The religious leaders of His day stated that Jesus was crazy to call Himself the Son of God. The fact is that followers of Jesus through the ages were willing to be fed to hungry lions, burned alive, crucified upside-down, decapitated and the list goes on for their faith. Countless faced death in place of denying Jesus and the transformation He made in their lives. I have one deep, supreme desire that I may be like Jesus.
farmerman

Sat 29 May, 2021 05:48 am
@nycdad,
all the jews faced your case examples. Smart ones didnt believe that martyrs were chosen and would report for duty in a heaven. They new better to go along with what hurt them least in THIS life.

Youre not crazy , just obsessed with a fact-free life.
Jebus has more BS backing him than Trump has that's backing his college records.
nycdad

Sat 29 May, 2021 04:28 pm
@farmerman,
Here it is:

1. Jesus is coming again.

2. Trump 2024!

3. Trump will make America great again.

4. Jesus will make the world great again.

5. Feel free to disregard my threads.