end of world

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 07:46 am
Do you believe in 2012? Or anything that tells you a specific date as to when the world will end?

I definately do not.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:07 am
@ddominique,
Quote:
Do you believe in 2012?

Technically I believe in 2012. 2012 is in fact a year that will exist. Comes after 2011 and before 2013. Other then that, all guesses on what kind of a year it will be are up for grabs.

ddominique

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:31 am
@tsarstepan,
Well, Nobody knows for sure that 2012 will exist. Nobody knows for sure that time will ever stop or continue on forever, and if it does stop, when it will do so. What I meant in my question was do you believe in the stories people tell about the world's end (The most popular one being in 2012)?

Fido

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:08 am
@ddominique,
ddominique wrote:

Well, Nobody knows for sure that 2012 will exist. Nobody knows for sure that time will ever stop or continue on forever, and if it does stop, when it will do so. What I meant in my question was do you believe in the stories people tell about the world's end (The most popular one being in 2012)?

Our American Civilization, long in decline, sucking the life out of its people through its forms, like Religion, and Government, and the economy would take a long time hitting bottom if it began to fall today... So; No!!! I don't expect the end of the world, but I do fear the prospect of one of our Christian Fascist nuking us if thing do not seem to be going their way... That is real possible because in their heart of hearts they are ignorant assssssholes.
ddominique

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:40 am
@Fido,
Yeah, I agree with you. I do not believe for one second that anyone could predict when the world will end, if ever. There is just this main organization that is saying all of that ridiculous "end of world" stuff and the guy in charge is just saying that stuff so that people could give up their fortunes to him. It's so stupid and I can't believe that people still believe everything they hear when these kind of lies have always appeared, and none have been true.

The only one that can have the power to end the world is the one who created it. And the creator can end the world whenever they want, not when people predict when its going to end.

People always elevate themselves over other things and think that they can actually have the knowledge to predict that kind of stuff to make them sound so powerful when they are like an ant compared to the world.
jcboy

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 03:57 pm
@ddominique,
Quote:
Do you believe in 2012?

The movie was pretty good, as for the religious BS I don't beieve any of it.
ryoung

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 05:02 pm
@ddominique,
Nobody can tell you what 2012 will bring, it will be just another year in your life, and be only as good as you make it.
Fido

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 06:33 am
@ddominique,
ddominique wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you. I do not believe for one second that anyone could predict when the world will end, if ever. There is just this main organization that is saying all of that ridiculous "end of world" stuff and the guy in charge is just saying that stuff so that people could give up their fortunes to him. It's so stupid and I can't believe that people still believe everything they hear when these kind of lies have always appeared, and none have been true.

The only one that can have the power to end the world is the one who created it. And the creator can end the world whenever they want, not when people predict when its going to end.

People always elevate themselves over other things and think that they can actually have the knowledge to predict that kind of stuff to make them sound so powerful when they are like an ant compared to the world.
Schopenhaur said: The world ends with me... I am certain he meant me instead of he; but it is certain that it will end for each and every one of us some day...
ddominique

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 11:52 am
@Fido,
Quote:
it is certain that it will end for each and every one of us some day...

Very true.
0 Replies

ddominique

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 11:59 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
The movie was pretty good, as for the religious BS I don't beieve any of it.

Completely agree with you.
0 Replies

TheLeapist

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 03:24 pm
@jcboy,
You do know that the "2012 apocalypse" has little to nothing to do with religion right?
jcboy

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 07:37 pm
@TheLeapist,
I could give a rats ass about an apocalypse or religion.
0 Replies

ryoung

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 08:44 pm
@ddominique,
The world will end when our sun goes supernova and swallows up our planet in about 5 billion years give or take a couple of billion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 08:53 pm
@ddominique,
2012 will exist; how it will exist is an entirely different matter.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
So glad this thread got revived.

We survived the Rapture (or rupture, or whatever) of a couple of days ago, right? I suspect we (most of us, I mean) will survive 2012 as well.
0 Replies

ddominique

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 01:19 pm
@ryoung,
That's what I heard.
0 Replies

ddominique

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 01:24 pm
@ryoung,
Quote:
it will be just another year in your life
Quote:

yes, if I live to make it to 2012

and be only as good as you make it

Although I see your point, that's not always true because life has unexpected and unavoidable suprizes ... like death unfortunately.
Fido

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:13 am
@ddominique,
ddominique wrote:

Quote:
it will be just another year in your life
Quote:

yes, if I live to make it to 2012

and be only as good as you make it

Although I see your point, that's not always true because life has unexpected and unavoidable suprizes ... like death unfortunately.

For close to 30 years I started off every work day by putting my feet on the floor and saying: Today is the day you may die; meaning, on the job, or there and back... When I die I will not be surprised unless after death there is something rather than nothing...
0 Replies