cjhsa

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 03:13 pm
Dadpad, it doesn't look like you've been allowed to do any weeding or general yardwork either.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:51 pm
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/summer/121tolmiesports030.jpg

I was just examining dadpad's front yard and have an idea for improvement. Look in the lower right corner. Do you see that decorative rock that he has placed there? The rock is quite nice; adds depth and structure to the yard, but what about that stick laying nearby?

What is the purpose of that stick? Did dadpad leave his walking stick in the yard? Is he right now hobbling around his house muttering, "Crikey! Where is my walking stick?" He goes into a rage and kicks his pet wallaby as he comtinues his fruitless search, tearing apart the couch cushions, looking behind the television, etc.

But we all know where that stupid stick is -- destroying the continuity of dadpad's front yard -- that's where it is.

Perhaps someone should pm dadpad and tell him of his stick's whereabouts. He could then walk with relative ease and his yard would be vastly improved in appearance.
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 09:43 pm
neko nomad wrote:
littlek: I used two URLs: one from Ravens Realm, and one from Photobucket.

The Ravens Realm one, with [IMG] and [/IMG] tags, is used to link to the
Photobucket one in the same fashion as a text link ("page location' in the A2K's Post URL feature).
For example Click here.

So, the image URL from Ravens Realm -- a real long one, with [IMG] and [/IMG] tags-- is substituted for the text 'Click Here'.

I compose all this beforehand on the computer so as to make the post in one visit to the thread.

I credit Timberlandko in tutoring me.

Get it this time ?

uuuuuhhh........... <blank stare>
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 09:43 pm
Dadpad, forgive these 'merkins their need for stick-up-the-butt-landscapes.
0 Replies

dadpad

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 09:49 pm
That is not a stick. Although it certainly does look like one. That would be my new intruder deterent, more commonly called a KING BROWN SNAKE!
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 09:49 pm
pfft.
0 Replies

dadpad

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 09:57 pm
littlek wrote:
pfft.

Yeah you're right lilk. Its a stick.

I just went out and shifted it.

IS EVERYONE HAPPY NOW!
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 09:59 pm
I sort of like that chunk of land just the way it is, Dadpad.
0 Replies

dadpad

Mon 5 Mar, 2007 10:10 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Dadpad, it doesn't look like you've been allowed to do any weeding or general yardwork either.

Do you honestly believe i give a fat rats clacker what you think?
0 Replies

neko nomad

Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:57 am
Old Timer's looking good these days.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwC2DlIYnOGiptFMS4JjwEn!XsLG54gB*GbQkIdA56R52c4yfFZK5RwNybxgiuc8gAVqJb8kzWwvPw*7l!HA8DEfmrX06tW6*yCCtMS0kaVzqkRsHE*qYQ/nekonomad581.jpg
0 Replies

eoe

Mon 2 Apr, 2007 01:36 pm
That's the twenty-year old, right?
0 Replies

neko nomad

Mon 2 Apr, 2007 03:24 pm
Yes,and it came as a gift from my late MIL in a three-inch pot in the fall of 1978 -- one flower bud-- and had been rooted earlier that year.

Nowadays when in bloom it's a conversation piece with visitors.
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 2 Apr, 2007 05:05 pm
The bed I planted last year for my then neighbor and now landlady is greening up! The lady's mantle is unfolding her fans, the primrose are unbunching their greens, a lone crocus is about to bloom....... I'll clean up the bed this week and really get a good look.
0 Replies

eoe

Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:32 pm
I love the Spring. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Wed 4 Apr, 2007 03:06 pm
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2677/magentaazaela2yx4.png

My favorite azalea in the front yard.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:12 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwB7DzAZOi2iptFMS4JjwDIGwwD6nkFEM1Ig7kIhx7fDdXAGAfbB7EE*DYo4otwbW9T2QfarICCo!9k7EOxd6Szsy1kvSXSaJ7fXXUA6QtpyAK!ZFQt5P8y3j0HyInC4/nekonomad%20589A.jpg
Another spring has rolled along, and Nekochan is
taking her first garden tour of the year, mentally making a job list for the gardener.
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:53 pm
eoe - do you know the name of that azalea? Are the flowers out before the leaves? I can't tell.
0 Replies

eoe

Wed 11 Apr, 2007 10:01 pm
Out before the leaves? Not quite sure what you're asking but, the leaves came in first and then the blooms and the blooms are out in front of the leaves, I guess.The leaves are "behind" the flower.

Don't know the name of the plant. It was here when we moved in eight years ago. It's pretty tho, huh?
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 11 Apr, 2007 10:06 pm
It is very pretty. There are some azaleas which bloom first and then the leaves come out after the blooms. The plants are pretty because the flowers seem to hover without the leaves to show the shape of the plant.
0 Replies

eoe

Wed 11 Apr, 2007 10:17 pm
littlek wrote:
It is very pretty. There are some azaleas which bloom first and then the leaves come out after the blooms. The plants are pretty because the flowers seem to hover without the leaves to show the shape of the plant.

Oh! Now I get it. Yes, in all actuality, the leaves are small before the flower blooms but once the blooms fall off, the leaves flesh out.
0 Replies