msolga

Sat 26 Apr, 2003 07:49 pm
Algis

Loved your front garden!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Sun 27 Apr, 2003 07:31 am
Hi Mapleleaf and ehBeth,

I've been nurturing and caring for them for the last 4 or 5 years.Funny I don't know exactly, guess I've been stoned .ehBeth, let me tell ya. I ended up only trying to save one big vine. I sliced the vine between where leaf buds were and put the end in a baggy of water and flower fertilizer.I was just petting it last night and comparing it with a live one planted and both looked to be in the same condition. I have my fingers crossed that it will revivie itself. Then the city tree cutters apppeared and over 2 days took off hundreds of branches from the neighboring trees.I was happy they didn't touch my tree. Anyhow the day it happened the branches called out .Use Us ! Fix your shoddy trellis of vine and save us from abanodon be be chipped or used as landfill. Welll I got to work and built myself this wonderfull trellis thats as magical as it is wonderfull. it moved me up to first place on the street , as far as Gardens go.
Then I took all the remaining vine that I could spare and interwovw then into my hobbitesk type creation. Now luckily my tree has lots of long runners and I've woven them into the blend for extra good measure. because I did it in time, I will have this leafy warm Hobbit , peter Rabbit thing to enter my home with. And of coarse all around it is my, 3D deep sea aquarium, lost city of atlantis, easter island stonehenge jurassic park plant Cemetery.

The trees shall be pushing leaves anyday now.Excitment grows by the milisecond.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Sun 27 Apr, 2003 09:17 am
N E A T Exclamation
0 Replies

neko nomad

Mon 28 Apr, 2003 08:58 am
Neko Nomad's front yard as of this morning.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Mon 28 Apr, 2003 09:23 pm
... Smile
0 Replies

Francie

Fri 2 May, 2003 04:35 pm
I don't own a digital camera, just have not got around to buying one yet.But my peonies are gorgeous ! And smell so sweet ! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Fri 2 May, 2003 06:17 pm
Hello, Francie! Very Happy
Welcome to A2K! Enjoy yourself here ... It's great!
And enjoy your delightful peonies, too!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 2 May, 2003 10:31 pm
Your front yard is very pretty, Neko!
0 Replies

neko nomad

Sat 3 May, 2003 01:14 pm
Hello, Francie--wish I could see your peonies, mine are only about 6"high.
So,welcome to the garden club!

Thanks for the compliment,osso; the overall shot doesn't show the diversity of smaller plants in bloom. A closer look will reveal some interest interesting native springtime flowers. Here is a little trout lily,erythronium americanum, a woodlands wildflower,among emerging smooth solomon's seal,polygonatum biflorum,and scouring rush,which serves as a neat occasional inclusion into an ikebana arrangement. This is all by the front door.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VACvBNIY6Rg0gq0S4Ys1TMj6sw2E9*8l8*tJAxwmVKROAjGYUXmOil8t0bO85wKM8LdF2N1gAFXa!PHCcZ1Xi5kk!FR9pd7smmUWMyv7b0LgH38bDTvoEsGd!zroEocD/neko-nomad-53.JPG?dc=4675420376455660531
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 3 May, 2003 11:30 pm
Francie, you don't have to have a digital camera if you have a scanner. Hmmm, there is that. I am just getting conversant with my scanner myself.
It's not that hard though, if you have one. There is a lot of how-to advice here under Forum Help.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sat 3 May, 2003 11:42 pm
.Patio Garden

My patio garden a few years ago. It was once covered in decking and cement patio. I tore up the decking and turned it back into a garden.
0 Replies

Misti26

Sat 3 May, 2003 11:57 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDiAnwXjpJCJJRnwqxkiVGV!1O3H73UMnJvPDPxazYfYq0FwxKGUadz1Kndq3x!u4DPDSroMleDaaoXKpY9xujQ56a4x2DbA0GsITSm3sxfR8fwkQoY!g/Impatiens.jpg?dc=4675420440476581438

Our garden is our porch, so this is our garden! Impatiens as shown, beautiful in bloom!
0 Replies

neko nomad

Tue 6 May, 2003 09:17 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAAADQZDTE0gq0S4Ys1TMj6sw2E9*8lihuX92RU6hiUDXweOkrofLfA9ONx0ibYopJ0jI09*PH1R5877As8OAbNVB1YOD0Jmd9XngOex7CkApLE6na13iz5y5aqSauc/neko-nomad-55.jpg?dc=4675420766956468404
The primulas seem to be a bit early this spring.
primula denticulata Himalayan Primula or, Drumstick Primula
0 Replies

neko nomad

Tue 13 May, 2003 08:04 am
It's daffodil time in the front yard.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Tue 13 May, 2003 10:39 am
Quote:
Drumstick Primula

This is new to me. Tell me somemore about it. I know I can/and will look it up, but I like to hear individual's personal experiences.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Tue 13 May, 2003 12:29 pm
About the drumstick primula:

Hummingbirds are attracted to it. The red ones are particularly showy,but seed mixtures provide just a few of those. It'll grow to about a foot high before going to seed.

It's a short lived perennial--won't last past its third year. For me,that is.

Easy to start: I have a new crop under way in plastic covered seedling window trays. Started the seeds in vermiculite in a clear pastry box (raspberry danish - my favorite) March 12 and set the seedlings about ten days ago. They have their second set of true leaves already. All with a screened sunny south window sill. When we have consistent 60+ degrees I'll set the trays out on the patio for hardening.

I set them all out for flowers in the following year to have enough to barter
with and to get as many red ones as possible. A few will set out small flowers the first year.

I've never had good luck with nursery started plants which have a flower,like the ones you find at the garden tent at the supermarket. Wouldn't come back the following year.

Not a particularly rugged plant,and does best with a couple of hours of high shade. I.e.,not under a hedge or in a stand of asters.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Thu 12 Jun, 2003 07:05 pm
It's iris time out back.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VACvBL4Y1BY0gq0S4Ys1TMj6sw2E9*8lNTJBQy7*s!Ea*qTl68ntjZlRrN6Za3t3QaXqrfKmHN8MV8mnO6VY*SAAiuGcPwmB1cegfUYHYp9NyexEuOqsmH3b0CmKX!Ml/neko-nomad-62.JPG?dc=4675425909486257226
bearded irises
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 12 Jun, 2003 07:12 pm
But where are the snails???
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sun 15 Jun, 2003 12:16 pm
New Guinea Impatiens, yet, misti! I also raise them and found a great wholesale greenhouse years ago here in Orange County that specialized in them (they used to do their own propagation but I'm not sure they do anymore -- except they have three locations and I'd have to ask if the original location in the city of Orange still does propogate them).

I'll wait until the camellia tuberous begonia and dahlias are blooming to takes some photos of my patio garden. It looks like a Hawaiian paradise the the summer because of all the orchids I raise. They may be past bloom when the dahlias and begonias are in bloom. Also have tons of cyclamen which two of them are still in bloom!
0 Replies

Misti26

Sun 15 Jun, 2003 12:47 pm
LW: Thank you for the proper name...

I would love to see your Orchids, they are so pretty, but I find hard to grow. I had one for the longest time, until it bit the dust. I gave it to a co-worker to resurrect for me, as she raises Orchids and they have a nursery full of them.

She said it now looks beautiful, but she never gave it back. I guess she figures I'll just kill it again!
0 Replies