True love

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 09:02 am

I'm writing this simple article, which represent my opinion about love and its effects on human's life.

Ok, We all know the importance of love and how it's changing our lifes, but did we know its several disadvantages ?

Sometimes, people get attached to each others, and think it's the true definition of love, while they just wanted to spend time with others to avoid loneliness, and this is, in my opinion, the main problem.

Let's have an example, about a mature person who's pretending that he loves his girlfriend, and keep saying that he acctually can not imagine himself whitout her in the name of "love", and somehow after some conflicts that arise in their relationship like everyone else, he decides to get depressed and his "love" becomes indifference.

For me, in that case, if this "love" can be an indifference and hate, it can't be a true love !

As you see, it's sad to get confused sometimes, when we think we are loving someone, and the real fact is that we just got attached, because we don't love ourselfs.

Imagine if this mature man loved his self first, and loved his girlfriend after, the result would be a mariage, I'm sure.

I think I'm not the only one to think like this, and to express my modest opinion, I just wanted to share with others and create a modest disscusion Wink .

jespah

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 09:19 am
@PowerFlax,
I realize English is probably not your first language, but no one decides to become depressed any more than they decide to get bronchitis.

You're also mixing a lot of things:
you wrote:
Let's have an example, about a mature person who's pretending that he loves his girlfriend, and keep saying that he acctually can not imagine himself whitout her in the name of "love", and somehow after some conflicts that arise in their relationship like everyone else, he decides to get depressed and his "love" becomes indifference.
1) Pretending to love someone is enough for it not to be love. You don't need the other qualifiers.
2) Conflicts happen in every relationship.
3) People can honestly believe they are in love (i.e. not pretending) yet conflict still breaks them apart.

Keep in mind, many people who divorce loved each other at one time. But life changed. One partner changed more, and more quickly, than the other. The world intervened and things got messy -- people fight over money more than pretty much anything else, so the better the economy, the less fighting over money should happen -- in theory.

you wrote:
As you see, it's sad to get confused sometimes, when we think we are loving someone, and the real fact is that we just got attached, because we don't love ourselfs.
People don't necessarily become attached because of any degree of self-loathing. They can enjoy each other's company, and get along well. That's attachment; it's got nothing to do with self-affection.

And finally, you're not showing any so-called disadvantages of love. True disadvantages can be someone becoming blind to another's faults, or unnecessarily overly promoting them to others. It can mean thinking someone's a 4-star chef because you love them, not because they're any good at cooking. That's harmless -- unless you grade or hire someone because you love them, versus whether they have any skill or knowledge.

Your article, instead, just looks like you setting yourself up to be the Love Police. That only your version is right.

Well, spoiler alert.

It's not.
PowerFlax

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 09:39 am
@jespah,
Well, English might not be my first language, but yeah I'm not a love police, as you said, conflicts happen in every relationship and break people apart, I think that's was my idea, maybe because You just misunderstood this topic, and thought I'm the one who's making the criteria of love and so one...
I was talking about people who had a bad experience in their relationships and got depressed while they can surpass it by focusing on their own self, that's it.
And yeah, I forgot to correct this word "disavantages of love", Sorry Smile !

Thank you for replying to my modest topic, I appreciated it !
chai2

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 08:32 pm
@PowerFlax,
Jespah didn't misunderstand your writing. She's spot on in all accounts.

This isn't so much an article or topic, but a mere opinion based on 1 persons outlook.

There's no evidence, lots of conjecture, and a desire to pigeon hole a complex emotion vs reality into a neat package.

Pretty much the definition of Love Police.
0 Replies

davidsheep88

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 03:10 pm
@PowerFlax,
True love exist and come from the center of our heart. It's true and God gave it to us, he who is good gave it to us to love all and more women than ever.
0 Replies