What the Bush administration does better than ANYONE

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:15 pm
and someone might want to ask Mr. Mellon-Scaife how he proposes to get rid of all those copies of the swifties book he bought up.

It takes some serious money to keep a book on the best seller list.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:48 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
and someone might want to ask Mr. Mellon-Scaife how he proposes to get rid of all those copies of the swifties book he bought up.

Laughing why yes, indeed it does.

i wish i could say that i was surprised how many people bought into the o'neill fantasy. i did quite a bit of research on the guy and his 30 year feud with kerry; read transcripts from the cavaet show, watched his interviews and the interviews with his fellow swift vets for bitterness. quite a circus.

kerry's biggest mistake was not smacking that fool's ears back for him.

isn't it odd that none of o'neill's assertions held up under scrutiny ?

it was hysterical watching his sputtering exclamations and pointing to parts in his book, marked with dozens of post-it notes, as solid proof. jesus...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:53 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:

i wish i could say that i was surprised how many people bought into the o'neill fantasy. i did quite a bit of research on the guy and his 30 year feud with kerry; read transcripts from the cavaet show, watched his interviews and the interviews with his fellow swift vets for bitterness. quite a circus.

it was hysterical watching his sputtering exclamations and pointing to parts in his book, marked with dozens of post-it notes, as solid proof. jesus...

It was really quite sad that Kerry couldn't do a more effective job in fighting back his accusers. In this I thought he was very weak, and it only showed the American people that perhaps he didn't have the real backbone for the job. Afterall, image is everything.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 05:29 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:

It was really quite sad that Kerry couldn't do a more effective job in fighting back his accusers. In this I thought he was very weak, and it only showed the American people that perhaps he didn't have the real backbone for the job. Afterall, image is everything.

even more since all the info going into the run looked like the election really was his to lose.

the dems better get their act together and come up with someone who's not only gonna be a great president (which i think kerry would have been ), but also be up for the bare knuckle campaign that i'm pretty sure it's gonna be.

the people who are in control now aren't gonna go easily and will have a similar, if not the same machine in place for more fun and games. this neo-con business didn't start with bush and you can bet it's not going to end there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 06:20 pm
Just wanted to stop in and add Cindy Sheehan to the list. They haven't gone full-tilt at her yet, but I'm pretty sure the smoke and mirror machine is just starting to get revved up.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
Just wanted to stop in and add Cindy Sheehan to the list. They haven't gone full-tilt at her yet, but I'm pretty sure the smoke and mirror machine is just starting to get revved up.

oh, yeah. you better believe it. it must really gall the hell out of the some people that a crawford resident actually is allowing her to move the whole thing onto their private property.

and it's even closer to the ol' t-bar-v ranch.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:12 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
kickycan wrote:

oh, yeah. you better believe it. it must really gall the hell out of the some people that a crawford resident actually is allowing her to move the whole thing onto their private property.

Good for them that they are going to be allowed to move on to some private land and continue their practice of free speech.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:32 pm
Baldimo wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Good for them that they are going to be allowed to move on to some private land and continue their practice of free speech.

it's not really the right thing to do, but probably the smart thing. somebody's gonna get hurt the way things are going.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:34 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
kickycan wrote:

it's not really the right thing to do, but probably the smart thing. somebody's gonna get hurt the way things are going.

If the G8 meetings are any indication then we know who is going to cause the problems. It is these same groups who protest anything and everything.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:37 pm
kickycan wrote:

It has already begun. Here are quotes from a letter to the editor in todays Hartford Courant (Connecticut)

The antics of the mother of the slain GI camping at George Bush's Crawford, Texas, home serves to denigrate the pride and patriotism that is inherent in the heart and soul of a Gold Star mother……

…..It also seems to fall in line with the group of enlistees…who thought joining the military would be a great idea because it would pay for college….never giving a second thought to the possibility that they may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice…

This woman's protest for attention is clearly not about her sacrifice or her son's tragic death in a war. It is simply a poorly veiled attempt at disguising her loathing for George W. Bush. She's just another Bush hater, supported by some fellow Bush haters, trying to attract more Bush haters for her street theater.

Hartford Courant Link
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 11:26 am
Baldimo wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
kickycan wrote:

If the G8 meetings are any indication then we know who is going to cause the problems. It is these same groups who protest anything and everything.

considering that they've already had attempted intimidation by a drunken fool with a scattergun right across the road and and even weirder episode of a ignorant old redneck reliving his nightrider days by driving over something like 150 white crosses (with names) erected in memory of FALLEN U.S. SOLDIERS KILLED IN ACTION, i'd have to agree with you;

we do know who's going to cause the trouble.

here's how the dirty anti-war pinko hippie faggots honor dead american servicemen;

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2005/08/16/1124213491_6287.jpg

by contrast, here's how a patriotic, real american honor's his fallen countrymen;

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/camp-cindy1.jpg

do you approve of his methods, baldi ?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:38 pm
Hmm. Which one got more news-coverage?

Hey, these things are important.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:02 pm
BBB
Don't you find it interesting that political party chauvinists always think their party's smear campaigns are OK, are noble, a work of genius, are clever, and are sanctified as the means to an end. The other party's smear campaigns are a crock of sh*t.

BBB
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:14 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Hmm. Which one got more news-coverage?

Hey, these things are important.

they both get about the same. but that's not the point, tico.

that "pro-war" (or pro bush or whatever) have been encouraged to chant "we don't care".

the pro-war member of the matlage family used a shotgun to intimidate the anti-war types.

the pro-war guy, northern, purposely knocked down +/- 150 crosses erected in memory of fallen u.s. soldiers.

if your preferred target, the liberals, had done any of these things, you'd be up on the roof letin' loose, wouldn't you.

i really don't understand how, or why, you wouldn't condemn these types of acts no matter who does it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:26 pm
Hey I think most protesters are idiots. I certainly don't condone their actions.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 02:08 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Hey I think most protesters are idiots. I certainly don't condone their actions.

could ya name a few prtestors that you don't think are idiots ? i'm just curious .
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 02:17 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

could ya name a few prtestors that you don't think are idiots ? i'm just curious .

I was initially going to say all protestors are idiots, and although I couldn't think of any that weren't right off the top of my head, I decided to revise my post and paint with a more slender brush.

I'm sure there are some that aren't. Can't think of any at the moment.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 02:22 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I was initially going to say all protestors are idiots, but although I couldn't think of any that weren't right off the top of my head, I decided to revis my post and paint with a more slender brush.

so then, do you believe that if people disagree with what their leaders are doing, they should stand idly by, be silent, not freely assemble or speak out ?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 03:00 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I was initially going to say all protestors are idiots, but although I couldn't think of any that weren't right off the top of my head, I decided to revis my post and paint with a more slender brush.

so then, do you believe that if people disagree with what their leaders are doing, they should stand idly by, be silent, not freely assemble or speak out ?

I really don't care that much what they do.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 04:49 pm
But if they are going to protest, they should be prepared to be criticized when they do.
0 Replies