BETCHA PAYCHECK ROVE GETS CLIPPED

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:40 pm
Clipped in the sense that he will be terminated. Terminated as in fired, sakked. asked to resign, pink slipped.
After which, as a freewheeling consultant he will still serve as Bush's cerebral cortex. Any bets?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,881 • Replies: 58
No top replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:47 pm
Re: BETCHA PAYCHECK ROVE GETS CLIPPED
farmerman wrote:
Clipped in the sense that he will be terminated. Terminated as in fired, sakked. asked to resign, pink slipped.
After which, as a freewheeling consultant he will still serve as Bush's cerebral cortex. Any bets?

How would I get paid?..........in confederate money? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:49 pm
You have some inside scoop there, farmer?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:55 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
You have some inside scoop there, farmer?

Farmer has reached a conclusion (flawed of course) and is just hoping no one will call his bluff and wager.

Farmer.....let's further define the size of your paycheck.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:56 pm
I dunno, maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe Rove suddenly started talking about how much he misses spending time with his family...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:10 pm
Farmerman speaks wisely. That scenario is a perfect blueprint on how this administration operates.

Why would that result surprise anyone?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:21 pm
LOL! None other than the loons at MoveOn organized a 'Fire Rove' protest...just saw it on TV.

The hysteria over this yet to be proven breaking of the law is...well...looney.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:23 pm
Do you have a poster of Rove in your bedroom, Brand X?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:25 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Do you have a poster of Rove in your bedroom, Brand X?

Hayell naw, do you?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:30 pm
I was just talking to my sister on the phone and we imagined the same scenario!

"You're fired"
<tee hee hee>
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:34 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I dunno, maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe Rove suddenly started talking about how much he misses spending time with his family...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the reason Ari F quit?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:35 pm
I don't think Rove will resign. First of all, it isn't in Bush's character to fire one of his handlers. Bush is too stubborn to even act in his own interest.

But, I don't think the good guys really want Rove to resign. He is a great symbol of Republican malfeasance along with DeLay and Jeb and Rumsfeld and the rest of them.

The neo-cons have too much power for their own good. Best to keep these sleazes in public view for a long as possible.

I must admit indulging in a bit of schadenfreude at this.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:37 pm
This may ultimately be out of Bush's hands if it gets legs of its own. Its all their own doing too.

Gonna be a fun time watchin them Mfers squirm a bit.
Poles have Bush's trustworthyness and credibility down around the 49% mark, that includes all his usual "shills" too.

Besides, I think its a damn dirty piece of machinework from the entire GOP , and now theyre trying to spin it with'Well Plame wasnt really a covert"
"Rove didnt know it was illegal to do that" Picture George Castanza screwing the cleaning service lady and claiming ignorance of the correctitude of the deed.

We do have a special prosecutor on this No?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:07 pm
The only reason they want Rove gone is because he is so effective. He gets his job done and that really eats at those on the left.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:09 pm
Last I looked, he wasnt the President.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:36 pm
farmerman wrote:
Last I looked, he wasnt the President.

Your right he isn't but he is still effective in getting things done. He helped Bush get elected twice, so maybe it could be payback.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:05 pm
Did Rove really break the law?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:09 pm
farmerman, I wish for the same thing, but it ain't gonna happen. Remember what happened with Rummie? He wanted to resign twice, and Bush said "no." Bush can live without Powell or Rummie, but not Rove. He's the puppet master.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:37 pm
Re: BETCHA PAYCHECK ROVE GETS CLIPPED
farmerman wrote:

To which rayban1 responded

rayban1 wrote:

How would I [Rove] get paid?..........in confederate money? Twisted Evil

1. Rove resigns because of furor. Bush publicly praises "outgoing" advisor.

2. Acolyte of Rove takes over his job, much as Rove was himself an acolyte of Lee Atwater.`

3. Rove gets job at large oil company in charge of paper clip distribution, at several hundred thousand dollars yearly plus undisclosed seven figure bonus. Alternative scenario: Rove gets job at foundation, writing papers on such topics as "Republican Strategies for Upcoming Elections", at similar compensation.

4. New job allows time for Rove to be on phone for long periods of time daily with his acolyte, and on phone for long periods of time weekly with Bush.

That's how Rove gets paid. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:42 am
Rove is already spending far too much time with Ricky Santorum. Baldimo, "did Rove really break the law?" is a bit of implied situational morality no?

Apparently it has enough of the appearance of impropriety that its being looked at as a severe bending if not a breaking of the law. I think if the outing of Plame can be fixed in a timeline to coincide with Novaks report and all involved can trace the Rove "telephone calls to Novak" in a similar time period, I dont think the matter of
"well he didnt know it was illegal" will matter one bit. He will have his boss come under increasing pressure and even though Bush is already quacking, he still wants some more things done and perhaps Rove will, in his present spot, become a liability.
I agree with kelticwiards take. In the whitehouse or out, Rove will have a significant role to play in GOP campaign strategy.
Hes rewritten the book on winning. His rules of "go after your opponents strengths, not his weaknesses, is like a Copernican moment in politics.
I never said that Rove will, like so many other GOPers whove been deposed, be assigned to the dust bin. His best work is still ahead and he shouldnt be dismissed. Hes probably the best strategist in the GOP.
0 Replies