Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country?

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 02:44 pm
Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country?

Our first allegiance is to our countries.

Our laws and political leanings are moving us towards laïcité, a rather rigid form of the best religious freedoms/ideology, quirky or not, for all. Keep it to yourself will be the order of the day. Happy days. All within a Western style of freedom seeking governance.

Should our backwards thinking mainstream religions be asked to be more representative of good law?

Negative discrimination without a just cause is what Yahweh admits to doing in Job 2;3., when he allowed Satan to move him to sin against Job.

Christians should admit their sin and stop preaching that it is a good to be homophobic and misogynous, contradicting the law of the land.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 449 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
The majority of organized religion are promoters of inequality. Discrimination is the name of the game. The talented preachers and their followers can even give e references to where God is supportive of such things.
Quote:

Isn't God supposed to be first? My recollection was God first, others second, myself third.

As to the countries, which ones and what will it matter or does it even matter, since country borders change regularly. Imagine dedicating decades to backing a country and then having to start backing a different country. One which God or Whosoever has sent forth to conquer the country which you thought for rather a long while that God loved most.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:07 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The majority of organized religion are promoters of inequality. Discrimination is the name of the game. The talented preachers and their followers can even give e references to where God is supportive of such things.
Quote:

Isn't God supposed to be first? My recollection was God first, others second, myself third.

As to the countries, which ones and what will it matter or does it even matter, since country borders change regularly. Imagine dedicating decades to backing a country and then having to start backing a different country. One which God or Whosoever has sent forth to conquer the country which you thought for rather a long while that God loved most.

I agree with your first.

Do you show your love to those you love?

If we were loved by a god, we would know it as he would show it.

We likely do not define god the same way, but given that we invented them all, I suggest that the bright thing to do is put man above god, and Yahweh, if that is your god, in hell where all of his ilk belong.

Regards
DL
Sturgis

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:15 pm
@Greatest I am,
My general desire is to put all people on equal footing... at the beginning. For many it is going to be a quick hop over to other spaces. This means all mankind. Since we the humans may have created God and definitely created our own personal experience and beliefs of God/Gods, and as humans our crafting likely includes humans, throwing God in the pit of damnation would be akin to pushing our friends there.

Religion is twisted. The same as people. However, if someone finds peace and stability there, and doesn't shove it on me or others, let them have it.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:26 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

My general desire is to put all people on equal footing... at the beginning. For many it is going to be a quick hop over to other spaces. This means all mankind. Since we the humans may have created God and definitely created our own personal experience and beliefs of God/Gods, and as humans our crafting likely includes humans, throwing God in the pit of damnation would be akin to pushing our friends there.

Religion is twisted. The same as people. However, if someone finds peace and stability there, and doesn't shove it on me or others, let them have it.

If the religious did not try to have the general population follow them against the law of the land, I would agree.

My loyalty is to my country and it's laws and not the laws of a genocidal god and his homophobic and misogynous religions.

All should feel the same way.

If a religion cannot support the law of the land that protects it, it should be outlawed.

We dislike the KKK and other supremacist organization, yet we praise Christians who think the same grotesque way.

Them and us, even if there is no just cause to hate the dreaded other.

That is what they do to gays and women.

Regards
DL

0 Replies