relaxing your hair

kool

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:32 pm
if you use that relaxing thing on your hair to make your hair smooth and soft, does it have any affect on your head scalp and makes you bold?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 735 • Replies: 3
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:37 pm
I have always felt a bit bolder after using a hair conditioner. I think it has something to do with the static electricity.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:24 pm
ha!

to answer your question kool-
yes it can. but it varies from person to person.
It can have anywhere from NO effect to red cracks and bleeding of the scalp.
If it is an over the counter package, buy 2.
Mix one and then apply a small amount to the back of your head ( about a quarter size drop ) and leave it on for as long as you would according to the instructions and see what happens.
Then , if all is ok and there is no reaction, throw that one out ( the mix is only good for a few hours ) and use the other one.
0 Replies

SHREMINISA

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:21 pm
hair relaxers
YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WITH OVER-THE-COUNTER HAIR RELAXERS. EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT REACTION TO THEM. I HAD A GENTLE HAIR RELAXER DONE AT A HAIR SALON. I TOLD THE STYLIST I WAS VERY WORRIED THAT MY HAIR WOULD DRY OUT OR FALL OUT.SHE SAID SHE USED A RELAXER BY VAVOOM THAT WAS VERY GENTLE.

I WAS SO IMPRESSED AND HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. MY HAIR WAS ACTUALLY HEALTHIER BECAUSE OF THE SPECIAL CONDITIONERS USED WITH THE PRODUCT. MY HAIR LOOKED GREAT AND THE RELAXER WAS EFFECTIVE FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS. I'M ACTUALLY GETTING READY TO SCHEDULE MY NEXT ONE.

I HAVE A CO-WORKER THAT LIKED MY RESULTS SO SHE WENT AND BOUGHT A RELAXER OVER THE COUNTER AND DID IT HERSELF. SHE DIDN'T ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT MY RELAXER, BUT ON MONDAY MORNING SHE CAME TO WORK AND HER HAIR WAS FALLING OUT IN CHUNKS!!!! SHE WAS DEVASTATED. SHE ENDED UP GOING TO A SALON ON HER LUNCH BREAK AND HAD TO GET ABOUT 5 INCHES CUT OFF.

I WOULD SUGGEST IF YOUR'RE CONTIPLATING RELAXING YOUR HAIR AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT IT, GO TO AN EXPERIENCED STYLIST AND EXPLAIN YOUR CONCERNS.

GOOD LUCK.
0 Replies