The Trump Pardons

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:12 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
You can't come up with any sort of argument why a self-pardon is a bad idea.

He doesn't have to. Firstly because, as most of us can see rather plainly by now, you're really not worth engaging in discussion. Secondly, anyone (except a mentally-challenged person) can reason that such a power would put any president above the law. We elect presidents; we are not subject to a monarch.

Imagine in an alternate universe, if Obama was charged with an impeachable offense and he decided to pardon himself? Imagine the hypocritical outrage that amoralloy would have been screeching and spouting.
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Shame on you for resorting to childish name-calling. I realize that progressives can't make use of facts or logic, but that's no excuse.

And for what it's worth, pardons don't work against impeachments.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:18 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
You're right, max.

No he isn't. He, like you, is spouting lies to cover for his inability to present intelligent arguments.

hightor wrote:
I try to avoid having actual discussions with the guy

Because you are not capable of intelligent discussions.

hightor wrote:
but I'm not above making an occasional pointed comment, especially when he leaves himself wide open.

LOL!

Do you mean that "above the law" nonsense that you spouted? That you are ignorant enough to think I was wide open is pretty funny. All you did was show how ignorant you are. Self-pardons do not make a president above the law. They are still subject to impeachment by Congress.

hightor wrote:
I'll try to do better.

Another lie. You have no integrity and no intention of trying to improve anything.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:23 pm
I was reading an article that stated that of it was proved that Trump granted pardons to protect him from prosecution that Biden could , recent? unpaid those who got pardons. Does anyone here know if this is true?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:26 pm
Damned spell check got me again. That was supposed to be unpardoned resend?. Word that means reverse.
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:29 pm
@RABEL222,
Very unlikely that it is true IMO.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:45 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Damned spell check got me again. That was supposed to be unpardoned resend?. Word that means reverse.

You mean rescind?

I don't think Biden could rescind a pardon from Trump. More likely the courts will say the self-pardon was never valid.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Rescind.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 02:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Right you are. Been doing more reading and if law officials want to push it it is possible to reverse many of Trumps pardons, and people who received them can be questioned and cannot claim the fifth. At least Trump has pushed us into interesting times. Can't wait to see what kind of prison he is sent to.
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 04:25 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I don't think Biden could rescind a pardon from Trump. More likely the courts will say the self-pardon was never valid.

Maybe more likely in the sense that "one in a million" is more likely than "one in a trillion".
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 04:26 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Been doing more reading and if law officials want to push it it is possible to reverse many of Trumps pardons,

While I am unfamiliar with the arguments that you've read, the idea strikes me as pretty unlikely. The Constitution is pretty clear on a president's unlimited pardon power.

RABEL222 wrote:
and people who received them can be questioned and cannot claim the fifth.

Sure they can.

RABEL222 wrote:
Can't wait to see what kind of prison he is sent to.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to these abuses of power.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 11:49 pm
@oralloy,
Going to have to wait at least 4 years for that. Damn, I said I wasn't going to respond to your garbage. Well I quit now.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 01:41 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Going to have to wait at least 4 years for that.

Probably so.

RABEL222 wrote:
your garbage.

Bold words for someone who cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.
0 Replies