Does The Left Honestly Support Our Troops?

dyslexia

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 04:00 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Much as Prager likes to paint everyone on his/her perceived left with a broad brush, I like to paint McG with a broad brush. I simply assume s/he/it intends to offend others. The theory works nicely. Cool

Hammer-nail=head.
Quote:
I simply assume s/he/it intends to offend others. The theory works nicely.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 04:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Are you suggesting that this commentary is directly about you? Do you feel attacked by what this author has to say even though he isn't directly addressing you? Why?

I think it's right on the button. I believe there are far too many people in the US that fit the description prager has given. If it does not describe you, you have nothing to feel offended at, do you?

Lol!!!

Your tactics get odder and sillier as you go, McG.

This one is kind of sad as well as silly.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:21 pm
Quote:
But most of the Left does not want the troops to win in Iraq.

He lost me with that sentence. Dennis Prager has been nauseating LA talk radio listeners (at least this one) for years.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:59 pm
Your right. I have been swayed. I am going to support the war like the right does.

<places yellow ribbon on SUV>

I have done it! I support the war!!!

I can support the sword without supporting the arm that swings it. I was a part of the sword - and a pile of the Marines in my former unit are dead because of this jacked up war - saying I don't support the troops because a deserter sent them to war simply is not worth the cyber space this is printed on.

TF
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
It must have awfully close to home, huh Set?

No, and that's what i mean about the typical character of your posting--you want to smear people with something like this, and if someone objects, then you use that old playground tactic, if the shoe fits. As i already mentioned, i have more than once stated that i consider it necessary to successfully establish a stable government in Iraq before we pull out.

And that is all of this particular example of your bile-spewing i will endure.

What bile-spewing? You are angry at me for an article written by someone else and you have claimed to be offended by it. You then continue with your usual haughty attitude, "Nice work, McG--how typical this sort of drek is." Then you accuse me of weaseling and characterizations of your own imaginings.

I have some news for you Setanta, the only one spewing bile here is you.

It must have awfully close to home, huh McG?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:53 pm
McG
McG is offensive 24-7-365.
Uber offensive on leap year.

BBB
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:55 pm
I see McG stirring the pot. I see Freeduck making complete sense and applaud his/her intelligent and thoughtful replies. I see Setanta's point but his thoughts are lost on McG. Supporting the war and supporting your troops are two entirely different things, as already pointed out in this thread. Personally, I deplore America going into this war but I pray for your troops and their safety in doing what they are told to do.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:20 pm
The thing that is so disturbing about this is that there are people who don't find it offensive -- they think this guy is right.

I hate that this article presents soldiers as killing machines who have no thoughts of their own. That they simply do as they are told without reservation. Our soldiers are not brainless.

As someone who knows and loves a soldier this kind of thing makes me heart-sick.

To say that we cannot oppose the war and support our soldiers is no different that to say that we cannot hate the sin but love the sinner.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:30 pm
I saw a yellow ribbon on a pickup over near Bangor this week. It said.
"Keep my soldier safe"
Thats all, no jingoism or Coulterian simple minded logic, just one family"s hopeful prayer.

Tell ya the truth, it brought a tear to my eye.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:58 pm
I should get one of those, farmerman.

I was thinking....

There are parts of my job that make me unhappy. Things that make me squirm. As a professional photographer nothing gets me squirming like a pageant mom, a stage mom, a mom who never thinks their daughter is pretty enough for whatever ambitions the mom has for her.

I hate it when they come in but I have hired myself out to do a job and they have hired me to do a job so I do what they ask.

I think everyone has jobs where there are parts of it that they hate.

Why should we expect soldiers to be any different?
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:35 pm
McGentrix, I enlisted in the US military service in time of war. I offered my life so that people like you could call me un-American for my political beliefs. I resent it, but would
not have it any other way.
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:39 pm
What really galls me is the number of chicken hawks in the entire Bush administration.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:46 pm
BillyFalcon wrote:
What really galls me is the number of chicken hawks in the entire Bush administration.

I support the Bush admin and happen to be a war hawk. No chickenhawks here.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:50 pm
Baldimo wrote:
BillyFalcon wrote:

<Cue laugh track>
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:59 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
BillyFalcon wrote:

<Cue laugh track>

Having enlisted in the military after the war with Iraq started; I would consider myself a war hawk. Looking forward to going to Afghanistan soon, to help out my brothers and sisters in arms.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:09 pm
Baldimo wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
BillyFalcon wrote:

<Cue laugh track>

Having enlisted in the military after the war with Iraq started; I would consider myself a war hawk. Looking forward to going to Afghanistan soon, to help out my brothers and sisters in arms.

Baldimo,
I thank you for your service to our country. I wish you only the best of luck. As I do for all of the people serving this country in the military.
You may in fact recieve an anonymous package from me via Treat Any Soldier dot com.

I send them about twice a month.

I still consider our current administration to be a bunch of chickenshit, chickenhawk, war profiteers.

Keep your head down, and come home safely.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:35 pm
How can that twit say the left doesn't support our soldiers when it was Rummy who sent them off without proper equipment and in too small numbers?
Soldiers' families were holding bake sales to raise money for body armor for Chryse sakes!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:28 pm
panzade wrote:
How can that twit say the left doesn't support our soldiers when it was Rummy who sent them off without proper equipment and in too small numbers?
Soldiers' families were holding bake sales to raise money for body armor for Chryse sakes!

Can you name the first war the US was involved in when body was first used?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 12:11 am
Baldimo wrote:
panzade wrote:

Can you name the first war the US was involved in when body was first used?

Bodies have been used in all American wars.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:28 am
I think he means Body Armor.

And that, if you are only counting Kevlar is this war.

However, if you mean some sort of body plating - I would have to say that was in the Bronze age.

TTF
0 Replies